Illinois Tool Works
|Traded as||NYSE: ITW
S&P 500 Component
|Founder||Byron L. Smith|
|Headquarters||Glenview, Illinois, United States|
|E. Scott Santi
Chairman and CEO
|Revenue||US$14.5B (FY 2014)|
|US$2.95B (FY 2014)|
|US$2.95B (FY 2014)|
|Total assets||US$17.7B (FY 2014)|
|Total equity||US$6.82B (FY 2014)|
Number of employees
Illinois Tool Works Inc. or ITW is an American Fortune 500 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It was founded in 1912 by Byron L. Smith.
In 2011, ITW had more than 20,000 unexpired patents and pending patent applications worldwide, including 2,900 U.S. patents and 1,116 pending U.S. applications. The company typically ranks in the top 100 of patent issuers in the U.S. It is ranked 414 on the Forbes Global 2,000.
||This section may be unbalanced towards certain viewpoints. (January 2010)|
Illinois Tool Works Ring carriers produce about 47% less emissions released into the atmosphere than paperboard cartons and about 36% less than shrink-film 6-pack packages. From taking a look at their activities, environmental coordinators were able to have certain products reformulated to less environmentally damaging products. Also, certain processes were amended to have a reduced environmental impact.The company took another look at the possibilities of reducing and recycling waste, maximizing the efficient use of natural resources, and delivering environmental awareness training to the whole of the work force. This last activity led to the creation of an Environmental Team comprising seven volunteers from the workforce to further environmental improvements and in March 2004 the Company received Green Dragon Level 5 Standard. The Political Economy Research Institute ranks ITW 100th among corporations emitting airborne pollutants in the United States. The ranking is based on the quantity (0.9 million pounds in 2005) and toxicity of the emissions.
The United States Department of Commerce imposed a $142,000 civil penalty on Illinois Tool Works in 2000, to settle allegations that the company illegally exported chemicals to Brazil on seven occasions between March 1994 and October 1997 without the required licenses and making false or misleading statements on Shipper's Export Declarations. Illinois Tool Works agreed to pay the penalty. $37,000 was suspended as part of the settlement. The chemicals exported can be used for commercial purposes and in the making of chemical weapons as well.
The following is a list of ITW companies:
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) annual SEC income statement filing via Wikinvest.
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) annual SEC balance sheet filing via Wikinvest.
- "ITW website". ITW. Retrieved 2016-08-04.
- ITW Hi-Cone: FAQ About Our Photodegradable & Recyclable Plastic Carriers
- PERI - Political Economy Research Institute: Toxic 100 Table
- "U. S. Bureau of Industry and Security - Illinois Company Settles Charges of Unlawful Exports of Chemicals". Bis.doc.gov. 2000-05-02. Archived from the original on March 20, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Commercial Refrigeration Equipment | Commercial Fridges and Freezers". Foster Refrigerator. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Specialty Chemicals, Lubricants and Equipment Manufacturers". ITW Chemin. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "ITW Acquires Anaerobicos". Itwperformers.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Innovative Global Weighing Solutions". Avery Weigh Tronix. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- kio (2012-09-17). "Dunnage bags for cargo protection - we deliver high quality dunnage bags for cargo protection". Bates-cargopak.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Welcome to the Alpine Equipment Division". Alpineequip.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Binks Spray Finishing Equipment". Binks.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Flow Meter, Coriolis Mass Flow, Thermal Mass Flow, and Flow Control Solutions". Brooks Instrument. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "ITW Building Components Group". Itwbcg.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Welcome to Alpine Engineered Products". Alpeng.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Global Automotive Fasteners". Itw Cip. 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- Ruddi Saad. "Produtos de Alta Tecnologia". ITW Chemical. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Illinois company acquires Crane Carrier". Tulsa World. 2008-09-16. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Suspension Seating | Support Seating Manufacturers". Dahti. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "acrylic, acrylic adhesive, adhesive, adhesive and sealants, adhesive applicator". Devcon. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Welcome to DeVilbiss". Devilbiss.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Load Securement Dunnage Air Bags, Brace & Stack Components - Down River Load Securement Innovations". Godunnage.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Pipe Cutting and Beveling, Water and Natural Gas, Offshore and Subsea Solutions, and Engineered Products, Systems, and Solutions | E.H.Wachs® - A Division of ITW". Ehwachs.com. 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Filtertek + The World's Innovator in Filter Technology". Filtertek.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "technically superior foils, films and laminates - ITW Design Center". ITW Foils. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Home". Itwfoils.eu. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Precision Manufacturing, Spiroid Gearing, Gear Machines". ITW Heartland. 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "MRO Solutions, Lubricants, Greases, Degreasers & Cleaners". LPS Labs. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- mcspecialties.com http://www.mcspecialties.com/page/28. Retrieved 8 September 2016. Missing or empty
- "Meyercord Tax Stamping Equipment". Meyercordequipment.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Mezger Heftsysteme". Mezger.eu. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "ITW Military GSE". ITW Military GSE. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Packaging - Wrapping - Emballage – Verpackung – Embalaje : Films – Folien + Machines – Maschinen - Maquinas". Itwmima.eu. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Adhesive & Sealant Solutions...Made for the Professional". Permatex. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- Penta. "Penta. Silicones". Penta-91.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Plexus - Structural Adhesives". Itwplexus.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Sealed Sources, Industrial Sources, Medical Sources, Oil Well Logging Sources, NDT". QSA Global. 2012-05-25. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Quipp Systems". Quipp.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS INC - 10-K - 20100226 - EXHIBIT_21". Yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Reyflex". Reyflex. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Metalworking coolants, Lubricants, and Oils - ITW ROCOL North America - Global Metalworking Fluid Solutions". Rocolnorthamerica.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Industrial Lubricants, Cutting Fluids & Line Marking Systems". ROCOL. 2012-09-19. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- Simco (Nederland) BV
- "Six States Distributors". Sixstates.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Construction Adhesive, Pressure Sensitive Adhesives". Itw Tacc. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Texwipe, the world leader in cleanroom wipes and consumable products". Texwipe.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Product Decorating, Identification and Marking". United Silicone. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Versachem - Tecnología a su servicio". Itwversachem.cl. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Subsea Pipeline and Platform Repair and Deep Subsea Salvage | Wachs Subsea®". Wachssubsea.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "CD&R to Become Majority Owner of New, Freestanding Wilsonart International; ITW to Retain Ongoing Ownership Stake". cdr-inc.com. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- "ITW Workholding". ITW Workholding. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "About Us". Wynn's. Retrieved 2015-02-09.