|Traded as||JSE: ILV|
|South Africa, Africa|
|Gavin Dalgleish (Managing Director)|
Illovo Sugar Limited based in Umhlanga, Durban, South Africa is Africa’s largest sugar producer. The group produces raw and refined sugar for local, regional African, European Union (EU), United States and world markets from sugar cane supplied by its own agricultural operations and independent growers who supply cane to Illovo’s factories. It is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods Plc., which holds 51% of the issued share capital which it purchased for more than £400m in 2006.
Illovo employs more than 12,000 permanent staff and 18,000 more on a temporary basis. Illovo Sugar's subsidiary Zambia Sugar is listed on the Lusaka Stock Exchange, under the symbol ZSUG. In addition, its Malawian subsidiary Illovo Sugar Malawi is listed on the Malawi Stock Exchange, under the symbol ILLOVO.
Subsidiaries of Illovo include:
- Illovo Sugar South Africa based in Durban, South Africa
- Illovo Sugar Malawi based in Limbe, Malawi
- Kilombero Sugar in Tanzania
- Maragra Açúcar based in Maputo, Mozambique
- Ubombo Sugar of Swaziland
- Zambia Sugar based in Mazabuka, Zambia