Illwinter Game Design
|Handelsbolag (Trading partnership)|
|Founded||September 27, 2001|
|Johan Karlsson, Kristoffer Ostermann|
Number of employees
Illwinter Game Design (formerly Bogus) is the name of a small software company in Sweden composed of Johan Karlsson and Kristoffer Osterman. Registered officially as a company in Sweden since September 27, 2001, Illwinter's products include three fantasy strategy games and an installer creation program for Linux. Illwinter's games are characterized by large amount of content, replaybility, support for multiple platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and Windows included), good multiplay support and simple, perhaps even outdated, visual and sound effects. The games are said to have a steep learning curve and a somewhat lacking user interface. Labor division within the tiny team is simple: Kristoffer Osterman creates the units, spells and descriptions while Johan Karlsson makes everything else work.
Both Johan Karlsson and Kristoffer Osterman have expressed their love for role-playing games, especially Ars Magica and roguelikes. Kristoffer Osterman teaches religion and social sciences as a primary occupation.
Games by Illwinter
- Conquest of Elysium II (released in 1997)
- Dominions: Priests, Prophets and Pretenders (released in 2001)
- Dominions II: The Ascension Wars (released in the end of 2003)
- Dominions 3: The Awakening (released in October 2006)
- Conquest of Elysium 3 (released in February 2012)
- Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension (released in October 2013)
- Conquest of Elysium 4 (released in November 2015)
Dominions 4 maintains a thriving online community.
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|