Ilog, Negros Occidental
Map of Negros Occidental with Ilog highlighted
|Region||Negros Island Region (NIR)|
|District||6th district of Negros Occidental|
|• Mayor||Genaro Rafael K. Alvarez|
|• Total||281.70 km2 (108.76 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||034|
Founded by the Augustinian Fathers Geronimo Marin and Francisco Bustos on May 16, 1584, it was the first capital of the historical military district/province of Negros in the late 18th century. The name Ilog (or Ylog, Tagalog for "river") was recommended by a Tagalog guide of the Spaniards because the place was entirely surrounded by the longest river on the whole Negros Island, the Ilog Hilabangan River. The first inhabitants of Ilog are mostly migrants from Panay island.
- Barangay I (Pob.)
- Barangay II (Pob.)
- Vista Alegre
|Population census of Ilog|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Province: Negros Occidental". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Archived from the original (PDF) on November 15, 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Province of Negros Occidental". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Hinoba-an||Basay, Negros Oriental||Bayawan, Negros Oriental|
|This article about a location in Negros Island Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|