This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Revised Romanization||Choe Yeon-seong|
Choi Yeon-sung in the MSL
|Status||Retired as player|
|Born||5 November 1983|
|Current team||Afreeca Freecs|
in game: Terran
|? - present||SK Telecom T1 (coach)|
Choi Yeon-sung (born 5 November 1983), also known as iloveoov, is a retired professional Korean StarCraft player, and a current coach of the Afreeca Freecs League of Legends team. As a Terran player he was known for his excellent macromanagement, leading to his nickname "Cheater Terran". However he is better known as "Monster Terran" (Gweh_Mool Terran) because of his ability to produce a massive amount of units. He sees Lim Yo-Hwan, who was on the same team as him, as an older brother or mentor. It's been known that Lim scouted Choi through a match in battlenet after losing to Choi's Terran, Zerg and Protoss. Choi beat Lim 3:2 in 2004 during the Ongamenet Ever Starleague finals.
The 'oov' in his nickname is believed to be the ASCII emotion icon of a face and 2 fingers forming letter 'V' which stands for victory. He announced his retirement as a progamer as a result of a wrist injury, to become a coach for his team. Since then, Choi returned to the active roster as a "player coach".
In April 2008, Choi announced his engagement to his girlfriend. Choi and his fiancee had been together for 6 years, even when he was training to become a professional gamer.
- TriGem MSL Champion – September – November 2003
- HanaFOS MSL Champion – January – March 2004
- Gillette OnGameNet Starleague 3rd place – April – July 2004
- Spris MSL Champion – May – August 2004
- Ever OSL Champion – August – November 2004
- UZOO MSL 4th place – June – August 2005
- So1 OSL 3rd place – August – November 2005
- CKCG China-Korea Cyber Games Champion – October 2005
- CYON MSL 3rd place – October – January 2006
- Shinhan OSL Champion – December 2005 – March 2006
- World Cyber Games 2006 Champion – October 2006
- Second player to win 3 MSLs, along with NaDa.
His streaks versus Zerg are particularly notable.
Record: 79 wins – 37 losses (68.10%)
Best Streak: 27 wins Worst Streak: 4 losses Current Streak: 1 win
- All: 228–143 (61.46%)
- vT: 82–62 (56.94%)
- vZ: 79–37 (68.10%)
- vP: 67–44 (60.36%)
- "TLPD - Player Information - iloveoov". Teamliquid.net. Retrieved 4 April 2010.
- Iloveoov... Oov?
- Bisu to SKT1, Oov Retires
- iloveoov coming back as "playing-coach"