The village of Ilpendam in the municipality of Waterland.
|• Total||2.46 km2 (0.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||720/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Ilpendam is a town in the province of North Holland, Netherlands. It is a part of the municipality of Waterland, and lies about 4 km south of Purmerend. It covers an area of 2.46 km2 (0.95 sq mi) and had 1,780 inhabitants in 2008.
Ilpendam was a separate municipality until 1991.
In 2001, the town of Ilpendam had 1,613 inhabitants. The built-up area of the village was 0.27 km², and contained 633 residences. The wider statistical area of Ilpendam has a population of around 1850.
Until 1872 there was a castle, called Ilpenstein, of the Lordship of Purmerland and Ilpendam.
Notable persons of Ilpendam
- Mona Keijzer (born 1968), politician
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, "Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten", KNAW, 2006. knap.nl.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 19, 2006. Retrieved January 24, 2007. . Statistics are for the continuous built-up area.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Gemeente Op Maat 2004: Waterland [permanent dead link].
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilpendam.|
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Ilpendam". Map of the former municipality in 1868.
|This North Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|