Ilusión (Fonseca album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 30, 2011|
|Genre||Latin Pop, Tropipop|
|Producer||Bernardo Ossa, Andres Levin|
|Fonseca albums chronology|
|Singles from Ilusión|
Ilusión (English:Illusion) is the fourth album by Colombian singer-songwriter Fonseca, released by Sony Music on September 30, 2011. The album was produced by Andres Levin and Bernardo Ossa. The songs are mostly inspired by the different feelings related to the enthusiasm and joy of love, and musically the album is Latin Pop influenced Tropipop.
The album's lead single, "Desde Que No Estás" was released August 22, 2011, only in some Latin American countries, and reached the top ten in these. The second single, "Eres Mi Sueño", was released on November 30, 2011, and was released in United States on June 19 of the following year. The song peaked the number one in Colombia, and the number fifteen in Latin Songs. The third single "Ay Amor" was released on August 31, 2012.
To support the album, Fonseca went a radio/television promotion spree, a tour in Colombia sponsored by Grupo Exito, was the opening act for the Gigantes Tour in Latin America and some cities of United States. The album was nominated in two categories in the Latin Grammy Awards of 2012, winning the category as Best Tropical Fusion Album.
Recording and production
The album was recorded between Bogotá and New York City. Fonseca told to the newspaper El Espectador that with the album he feels more toned with the current sound and that paternity influenced in the music. The album was produced by Bernardo Ossa, with whom he had already worked; and Andres Levin. The Mexican duo Jesse y Joy is the guest artist, their collaboration appear on the album, featuring in the fourth track "Soledad". Of the collaboration Fonseca praised the duo, said that Jesse is a great guitarist and musician. While that describe his sister like "One of the best latin american voices in this moment".
During the release of the album, a newspaper ask him: "What moment of his life born this record work?", Fonseca answered "Is my fourth album and arises in a good important moment, because with each album feel that have learned something. With this production feel me more toned with the current music. Also the fact of have been father in my music, the environment." In an interview in Puerto Rico, Fonseca explained: "The illusion is something like gasoline, that we always need it. And so, the same with illusion, the dreams, the feelings, objectives, hope, the faith that we need for the life" and express that the birth of his daughter it has hopeful.
Ilusión has received different reviews from critics. At About.com's Carlos Quintana opined that "With its unique combination of sounds and elegant melodies, Ilusion has redefined the music of Fonseca adding to the Latin music world a production where Tropical and Pop music blend perfectly". On the review of Luis Nuñez of El Riviguer wrote that "This album is an interesting fusion of Tropical pop according to the categorization that the critics give to this little explored subgenre, recognizing its great influences of Colombian pop (tropipop) ranging from the vallenato music until traditional joropo". At the Chicago Sun-Times, the journalist Laura Emerick selected the album Ilusión as among the 10 best Latin music albums of 2012, writing: "Moving away from the shadow of early influence Carlos Vives, a fellow Colombian vallenato revivalist, the singer-songwriter conjures up more Latin pop confections, especially the dreamy lead track (Eres Mi Sueño)".
In September 2011 Fonseca offered a benefic concert in Bogotá, that tried to gather money to finance a project of rebuilding schools affected by the last rainy season, in Colombia. The project was held in the town of Santa Cruz de Mompox, Bolivar. He said about: "I'm so happy to can support Colombia Humanitaria. After the winter there are many things in the country that must return to normal and the country need us". The different medias in Colombia, related as Fonseca gave illusion to kids. One month later he begin the Tour Exito 2011 under the Colombian company Grupo Exito. Crossing more the 15 cities for 17 performances during six weeks. He performed several songs of the album as: "Los Buenos Milagros", "Desde Que No Estás and many others. The tour started on October 21 in Envigado, and finished on December 4 in the city of Cartagena.
Fonseca begin with the Ilusion World Tour supporting his fourth album Ilusión, which was due to begin on September 12, 2012. The two acts in America Central are part of Gigantes Tour by the singers Marc Anthony and Chayanne. The date scheluded for Costa Rica was postponed for September 30 due to locking on the road in Nicaragua, because of a Salvadoran strike. The three acts on Australia is featuring with the musician Willie Colón, the second act (in Brisbane) is part of the Clave Contra Clave (Latin Live Competition) as finale act.
"Desde Que No Estás" was released as the first official single only in Latin America. Is the second single of the album in United States. And had its premiere on iTunes August 22, 2011. The song was nominated as Best Tropical Song in the Latin Grammy Awards of 2012. In February, 2013 the song reached #3 on the US Tropical Airplay.
"Eres Mi Sueño", was released first on November 30, 2011 in Colombia and more late in United States on June 19, 2012. Is the second single of the album and the lead single in United States. The single peaked at no.15 on the US Latin Songs Chart and no.4 on the US Tropical Airplay.
"Ay Amor" was released as third single on August 31, 2012 on radio. Previously the song was released in digital music stores on October 9 in the same year, with a new version of the song, some dance, produced by Maffio Alkatraks. In Colombia had a good reception in the charts, peaked at no.20 in the National-Report.
"Si Te Acuerdas De Mi" will be released as fourth single.
|1.||"Eres Mi Sueño"||Maffio Alkatraks, Juan Fernando Fonseca||Bernardo Ossa, Fonseca||3:15|
|2.||"Los Buenos Milagros"||Descemer Bueno, Fonseca||Bernardo Ossa, Fonseca||3:39|
|3.||"Ilusión"||Juan Fernando Fonseca||Bernardo Ossa, Fonseca||3:32|
|4.||"Soledad" (featuring Jesse y Joy)||Andres Cabas, Fonseca||Andres Levin, Andrés Cabas, Fonseca||3:58|
|5.||"Desde Que No Estás"||Alejandro Bassi, Fonseca||Bernardo Ossa, Fonseca||3:34|
|6.||"Ay Amor"||Juan Fernando Fonseca||Andres Levin, Fonseca||3:21|
|7.||"Historia de Amor"||Marlene Aragón Mandiola||Bernardo Ossa, Fonseca||4:12|
|8.||"Abcdario"||Juan Fernando Fonseca||Andres Levin, Fonseca||4:03|
|9.||"Si Te Acuerdas De Mi"||Wilfran Castillo, Fonseca||Bernardo Ossa, Fonseca||3:31|
|10.||"Tu Amor Ya Sabe"||Claudia Brant, Fonseca||Bernardo Ossa, Juan Andrés Otalora, Fonseca||4:02|
|11.||"Como Duele"||Fonseca, Andres Levin||Andres Levin, Fonseca||4:14|
|12.||"Baila Esta Ultima"||Andrés Acosta, Fonseca||Bernardo Ossa, Fonseca||3:44|
|Ilusión + bonus tracks|
|1.||"Cuando Respiro En Tu Boca"||Claudio Valenzuela||Andres Levin, Santiago Muñoz, Fonseca||3:33|
|2.||"Prometo"||Johana Caicedo, Fonseca||Ricardo Torres, Fonseca||3:39|
|3.||"Eres Mi Sueño" (acoustic)||Maffio Alkatraks, Juan Fernando Fonseca||Fonseca||3:58|
Charts and sales
Sales and certifications
Awards and nominations
|2012||Latin Grammy Award||"Ilusión+"||Best Tropical Fusion Album||Won|||
|"Desde Que No Estás"||Best Tropical Song||Nominated|
|Grammy Award||"Ilusión"||Best Latin Pop Album||Nominated|||
|Colombia||September 30, 2011||Sony Music Entertainment||88697982332|
|United States||June 17, 2012|
|Venezuela||September 30, 2011|
|Spain||April 16, 2013|
- "THE LATIN ACADEMY OF RECORDING ARTS & SCIENCES, INC. FINAL NOMINATIONS" (PDF). Latin Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 4, 2012. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- "Fonseca ganó Grammy Latino al Mejor Álbum Fusión". ElColombiano.com. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "Fonseca presenta su Ilusión". El Espectador. September 30, 2011. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Fonseca presenta su nuevo disco Ilusión: El músico colombiano Fonseca promociona su nuevo disco, Ilusión, un término que compara con la gasolina para seguir hacia adelante en la vida junto a los sueños, la esperanza y la fe". Prensa Libre. July 8, 2012. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Fonseca: "Me gusta la parranda"". El Espectador. September 27, 2011. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
- Quintana, Carlos. "Fonseca - 'Ilusion' CD Review". About.com. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Nuñez, Luis. "Álbum de la semana: Ilusión por Fonseca" (in Spanish). El Riviguer. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Emerick, Laura. "The 10 best Latin music albums of 2012". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "Fonseca le da una ilusión a nuestros niños" (in Spanish). El Colombiano. August 30, 2011. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- "FONSECA lleva su ILUSIÓN a 15 ciudades de Colombia su TOUR ÉXITO 2011" (in Spanish). fonseca.net. October 26, 2011. Archived from the original on February 21, 2013. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- "Afecta en Costa Rica la huelga de Nicaragua, reprogramarán conciertos". Milenio (in Spanish). September 29, 2012. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- "Cambian fecha de concierto Gigantes y Pitbull" (in Spanish).
- "Ticketet.com: Willie Colón & Fonseca". Ticketek. 2012. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- "Desde Que No Estás - Single". iTunes. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- "FONSECA INICIA EL 2013 EN EL TOP 10 DE BILLBOARD CON SU SENCILLO "DESDE QUE NO ESTÁS"" (in Spanish). fonseca.net. January 16, 2013. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- "'Eres mi sueño': la nueva canción de Fonseca". radiosantafe.com. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
- "Eres Mi Sueño - Single by Fonseca". iTunes. Retrieved September 18, 2012.
- "Ay Amor - Single". iTunes. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- "National-Report (Top Nacional) Semana 39" (in Spanish). National-Report. Archived from the original on 1 October 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- "Fonseca es disco de oro en Venezuela" (in Spanish). ElUniversal.com. January 23, 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- "Ilusión +". ℗ 2011 Sony Music Entertainment Colombia S.A.Bajo Licencia de Proyecto Nash. Retrieved January 10, 2012.
- "'Rafael Orozco' gana el concurso Yo me llamo: Fonseca no se bajó del escenario con las manos vacías. Recibió cuatro discos de platino por las ventas de su cuarto disco en estudio, "Ilusión". Sin duda, uno de los trabajos del año en Colombia" (in Spanish). El Universal. December 1, 2012. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- Billboard. "Ilusion". Missing or empty
- "Fonseca recibe dos nominaciones a los Grammy latinos 2012". Besame.fm. Archived from the original on September 28, 2012. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "The 55th Grammy Awards Nominees List". Archived from the original on December 3, 2010.
- "Grammy Awards 2013: The major nominees". Digital Spy. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Ilusión por Fonseca". iTunes COL. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Ilusión by Fonseca". iTunes US. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Ilusión by Fonseca". iTunes Venezuela (in Spanish). Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- "El Colombiano Fonseca Lanza El Single "Eres Mi Sueño" (2 De Abril) Y El Álbum "Ilusión" (16 De Abril) En ITunes, Avalado Por Un Grammy Latino En 2012" (in Spanish). Sony Music España. March 28, 2013. Archived from the original on June 24, 2013. Retrieved March 30, 2013.
- Ilusión at Amazon