|Alma mater||Open University of Israel|
University of Toronto
(B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D.)
|Institutions||University of Toronto|
|Doctoral advisor||Geoffrey Hinton|
He has made several major contributions to the field of deep learning. He is the co-inventor, with Alexander Krizhevsky and Geoffrey Hinton, of AlexNet, a convolutional neural network. He invented Sequence to Sequence Learning, together with Oriol Vinyals and Quoc Le.
Sutskever attended the Open University of Israel between 2000 and 2002 later obtaining his B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D in Computer Science from University of Toronto's Department of Computer Science, where he was supervised by Geoffrey Hinton.
After graduation in 2012, Sutskever spent two months as a postdoc with Andrew Ng at Stanford University. He then returned to University of Toronto and joined Hinton's new research company DNNResearch, a spinoff of Hinton's research group. Four months later, in March 2013, Google acquired DNNResearch and hired Sutskever as a research scientist at Google Brain.
At Google Brain, Sutskever worked with Oriol Vinyals and Quoc Le to create the sequence to sequence learning algorithm.
Sutskever was the keynote speaker at NVIDIA NTECH 2018 and AI Frontiers Conference 2018.
- Metz, Cade (April 19, 2018). "A.I. Researchers Are Making More Than $1 Million, Even at a Nonprofit". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Krizhevsky, Alex; Sutskever, Ilya; Hinton, Geoffrey E. (2017-05-24). "ImageNet classification with deep convolutional neural networks". Communications of the ACM. 60 (6): 84–90. doi:10.1145/3065386. ISSN 0001-0782. S2CID 195908774.
- Knight, Will (2016-01-27). "Google's AI Masters the Game of Go a Decade Earlier Than Expected". MIT Technology Review. Retrieved 2019-11-09.
- "Neural networking". The Varsity. 2010-10-26. Retrieved 2020-05-09.
- McMillan, Robert (2013-03-13). "Google Hires Brains that Helped Supercharge Machine Learning". Wired. Retrieved 2019-11-09.
- "35 Innovators Under 35: Ilya Sutskever".
- "OpenAI Blog". 12 December 2015.
- "Ilya Sutskever's Homepage at University of Toronto".
- Metz, Cade (2016-04-27). "Inside OpenAI, Elon Musk's Wild Plan to Set Artificial Intelligence Free". Wired. Retrieved 2019-11-09.
|This article about a Canadian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|