Ilya V. Osipov
Ilya Viktorovich Osipov
January 6, 1975
|Residence||Novato, CA, USA|
|Alma mater||Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod|
|Occupation||CEO, Cubios Inc.|
|Known for||Computer scientist in the field of HCI, inventor of WOWCube|
May 8, 1978
Ilya Osipov won Russian renown as the founder and owner of one of the largest Russian Web sites, NN.ru, which he sold 14 years later to Hearst Shkulev Media/InterMediaGroup. In 2006–2008, he was the director of the Moskva.com portal, and in 2009–2011, the owner and general director of the Birzha Plus Publishing House.
Osipov was the co-founder of the I2Istudy.com and Numbuster, startup projects, FedSP.com, etc. The range of Mr. Osipov's professional interests includes web-based and mobile applications, virality, and gamification. He took part in various projects as a investor, mentor, and manager. The projects that he has developed or participated in are the city portals of Nizhny Novgorod NN.RU and NNOV.ru, entertainment site NNOVER.ru, web portal Moskva.com (currently closed), mobile application Numbuster, language-learning platform I2IStudy.com, etc. He also took part in the development of the city portals ruKazan.ru, tumix.ru, www.dzerzhinsk.ru, etc. and co-founded the co-buying platform "Sovmestnaya Pokupka (Joint Purchase) in Nizhny Novgorod".
Solving a Rubik's cube in 19.18 seconds 
Awards and recognition
- World Technology Award'2018 in the IT Hardware for WOWCube.
- WOWCube — "patent RU2644313C1: 'Electronic device with volumetric transformable display' 2017". Google Patents. Retrieved June 28, 2018. "patent WO18156055: 'Electronic device with a three-dimensional transformable display' 2018". WIPO. Retrieved November 9, 2018.
- Unisex magnetic electrical connector — "Patent WO2018075714 "ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR" 2018". WIPO. Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- Auzzle — "patent RU2667861C PCT/RU2019/050058: 'Three-dimensional puzzle with adjustable sector' 2018". Rospatent. Retrieved September 28, 2018. Won award at the annual International Nob Yoshigahara Puzzle Design Competition - Jury Honorable Mention 2018 
- Spontaneous groups learning system — "Patent Publication 20150185966 from 2015". USPTO.gov. Retrieved August 28, 2018.
- 1. I.V. Osipov, A.A. Volinsky, E. Nikulchev, A.Y. Prasikova (2015) "Study of gamification effectiveness in online e-learning systems", IJACSA Vol. 6, No. 2, 2015, doi:10.14569/IJACSA.2015.060211
- 2. I.V. Osipov, A.Y. Prasikova, A.A. Volinsky, (2015). "Participant behavior and content of the online foreign languages learning and teaching platform", Computers in Human Behavior, 50, 476–488., doi:10.1016/j.chb.2015.04.028
- 3. I.V. Osipov, A.A. Volinsky, V.V. Grishin (2015) "Gamification, Virality and Retention in Educational Online Platform", IJACSA Vol. 6, No. 4, 2015, doi:10.14569/IJACSA.2015.060402
- 4. I.V. Osipov (2014) "Indicators of Viral and Retention for Freemium. Product. Market Entry Strategy / Построение стратегии выхода на рынок фримиум-продукта на основе показателей виральности и ретеншна", Cloud of Science / ISSN 2409-031X: CoS_1_457/ 17 Dec 2014
- 5. I.V. Osipov, A.A. Volinsky, A.Y. Prasikova (2016) "E-Learning Collaborative System for Practicing Foreign Languages with Native Speakers", IJACSA Vol. 7, No. 3, 2016, doi:10.14569/IJACSA.2016.070306
- 6. I.V. Osipov, A.A. Volinsky, E. Nikulchev, D. Plokhov (2015) "Study of Monetization as a Way of Motivating Freemium Service Users", Contemporary Engineering Sciences 09/2015; 8(20):911–918., doi:10.12988/ces.2015.57212
- 7. I.V. Osipov, A.A. Volinsky, E. Nikulchev, A.Y. Prasikova (2016) "Online e-learning application for practicing foreign language skills with native speakers" Technology, Innovation and Education (Springer), Dec 2016, 2:3, doi:10.1186/s40660-016-0009-1, ISSN 2197-9855
- 8 D. Plokhov, l.V. Osipov, G. Bubnov (2016) "Using social network analysis techniques to study the efficiency of interproject communication" 6th Seminar on Industrial Control Systems: Analysis, Modeling and Computation, Moscow, 25-26 Mar 2016, doi:10.1051/itmconf/20160603011
- 9. D. Plokhov, S. Titov, I.V. Osipov, E. Nikulchev (2016) "Study the Efficiency of Interproject Communication with Social Network Analysis", Quality - Access to Success Vol. 17 - No. 153:103-107
- 10 Osipov, I. V.; Nikulchev, E. (April 9, 2018). "Review puzzles and construction sets falling under the category of augmented reality games". ITM Web Conf. 18 (2003): 4. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- 11 Osipov, I. V. (July 8, 2017). Transreality puzzle as an object of Augmented reality, Cubios puzzle. CALL in CONTEXT 2017, Proceedings, At: Berkeley, University of California. Depotnummer: D/2017/12.293/19. ISBN 9789057285509. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- 12 Osipov, I. V. (2016). "Technical means of human-computer interaction TUI. Review and analysis of the possibilities of use in gaming.// Технические средства человеко-компьютерного взаимодействия TUI. Обзор и анализ возможностей использования в игрофикации". Cloud of Science (in Russian). 4, Т.3..
- Encyclopedia of Nizhny Novgorod (in Russian)
- Firm's Secret: Ilya Osipov. Favorite mistakes investors (in Russian)
- The-Village.ru:(NN.ru) How to create a main portal region and profitable to sell the corporation (in Russian)
- «NN.RU» INTERNET COMPANY – Gold pages of Russia
- About company NN.RU (in Russian)
- Expert.ru : 04 mar 2013 Federal network of local portals (in Russian)
- ABM: Birzha Plus – EXCHANGE PLUS CAREER (in Russian)
- BusinessWeek:Company Overview of i2istudy.com
- Edukwest:Startup profile: i2istudy
- LifeHacker.ru: Forget about spammers forever (in Russian)
- Business District: Rating of Internet resources in Nizhny Novgorod (in Russian)
- WWW.NNOV.RU – Gold pages of Russia
- The international not-for-profit Professional Association for Runners of Mobile Products
- Forbes contributor (profile)
- World Cube Association - Current Personal Records
- International Puzzle Party IPP38 Nob Yoshigahara Puzzle Design Competition 2018, themetagrobologist.co.uk, 2018, archived from the original on October 30, 2018
- IPP38 Puzzle Design Competition (IPP), puzzleworld, 2018, archived from the original on November 16, 2018 Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "2018 World Technology Awards Winners". www.wtn.net. The World Technology Network. 2018. Archived from the original on April 5, 2019. Retrieved April 5, 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Nob Yoshigahara Puzzle Design Competition - Jury Honorable Mention
- "TwistyPuzzles.com > Museum > AUZZLE A2". Retrieved February 24, 2019.