|National origin||Soviet Union / Russia|
|First flight||17 May 1994|
|Primary user||Republic of Korea Air Force|
USD 156,500
The Ilyushin Il-103 is a single-engine, low-wing training aircraft developed by the Ilyushin Design Bureau starting in 1990 in the Soviet Union. The aircraft is now produced in Russia. It was the first Russian aircraft to achieve Federal Aviation Administration certification, in 1998, for sales in the United States.
Reviewers Dave Unwin and Marino Boric described the design in a 2015 review as "very robust, safe and comfortable. It was designed for everyday operation on poor runways and with the ability to cope with every variation of the harsh Russian climate."
- Peruvian Army: Five operated out six delivered.
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 4 pax ( max payload: 270 kg (600 lb))
- Length: 8 m (26 ft 3 in)
- Wingspan: 10.56 m (34 ft 8 in)
- Height: 3.135 m (10 ft 3 in)
- Wing area: 14.71 m2 (158.3 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 7.6
- Empty weight: 900 kg (1,984 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 1,310 kg (2,888 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 150 kg (330 lb) / 200 l (53 US gal; 44 imp gal) in two wing tanks
- Powerplant: 1 × Teledyne Continental IO-360-ES2B 6-cyl. air-cooled horizontally-opposed piston engine, 157 kW (211 hp)
- Propellers: 2-bladed Hartzell BHC-C2YF-1BF/F8459A-8R
- Maximum speed: 220 km/h (137 mph; 119 kn)
- Cruise speed: 180 km/h (112 mph; 97 kn)
- Stall speed: 117 km/h (73 mph; 63 kn) flaps up; 111 km/h (69 mph; 60 kn) 10° flaps
- Never exceed speed: 340 km/h (211 mph; 184 kn)
- Range: 800 km (497 mi; 432 nmi) (at cruising speed, pilot and 270 kg (600 lb) payload with 30 min fuel reserve)
- Service ceiling: 9,840 m (32,280 ft)
- g limits: Utility: =4.4 / -1.8; Aerobatic: +6 / -3
- Rate of climb: 3.167 m/s (623.4 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 89.1 kg/m2 (18.2 lb/sq ft)
- Power/mass: 8.37 kg/kW (13.75 lb/hp)
Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Flying Magazine: 22. September 1991. Missing or empty
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 152. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- Lao People's Liberation Army Air Force Aircraft Types. Aeroflight.co.uk Accessed 2010-12-14
- S. Korean military plane crash leaves two dead. Chinapost.com Accessed 2013-06-21
- Taylor 1996, p. 423
- Jackson, Paul, MRAeS, ed. (2005). Jane's all the World's Aircraft 2004-05. London: Janes Publishing Group. p. 392. ISBN 0-7106-2614-2.
- South Korea to get Russian aircraft, Flight International 02/08/2002
- Taylor, Michael J. H. (1996). Brassey's World Aircraft & Systems Directory. London, England: Brassey's. ISBN 1-85753-198-1.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilyushin Il-103.|
- Base Aérea Lima-Callao: Aviación del Ejército del Peru. (in English)
|This military aviation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|