This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dr. Imad Moustapha (left) and U.S. President George W. Bush
|5th Ambassador of Syria to the People's Republic of China|
2014 – December 2011
|Preceded by||Rustum Al-Zubi|
|Born||11 March 1952|
He was Dean of the Faculty of Information Technology (IT) at the University of Damascus, and Secretary General of the Arab School on Science and Technology. He is a co-founder of the Network of Syrian Scientists, Technologists and Innovators Abroad (NOSSTIA). This organization was involved in establishing Meedan, "a non-profit social technology company which aims to increase cross-language interaction on the web, with particular emphasis on translation and aggregation services in Arabic and English."
Imad Moustapha regularly writes in the print media and appears on television, representing the Syrian government position. He has also occasionally appeared at public lectures, think-tanks, and world-affairs councils.
His wide range of interests include: globalization, cultural identities, social and economic impacts of the Internet, and Western classical music.
Allegations of espionage
On June 25, 2011, the Washington Bureau chief of a major Kuwait newspaper (Al Rai), reported in NOW Lebanon that Ambassador Mustapha is engaged in various espionage activities, as well as threats to Syrians living in the US.
- University of Damascus
- United Nations Development Program
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia
- http://syria-news.com/readnews.php?sy_seq=141248[dead link]
- "Imad Moustapha: Curriculum Vitae".
- http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-moustapha_20edi.ART.State.Edition1.4265669.html[dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-27. Retrieved 2011-06-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Imad Moustapha discusses The U.S., Syria and the New Old Middle East: Confrontation or Cooperation?
- The Washington Diplomat Newspaper - Ambassador Profile
- Murder in Abou Kamal
- (Other information in this article as of 26 August 2006 is from Imad Moustapha's personal blog - https://web.archive.org/web/20100105115626/http://imad_moustapha.blogs.com/ - Accessed 19 June 2006. And from Forward Magazine where he is a regular contributing writer.)