|Current: 2021 Imagen Awards|
|Awarded for||Excellence in film and television by the Latino community|
|Presented by||Imagen Foundation|
The Imagen Awards are administered by the Imagen Foundation, an organization dedicated to "encouraging and recognizing the positive portrayals of Latinos in the entertainment industry." To be considered for an Imagen Award, a media piece or person must go through an entry process. Helen Hernandez is president of the Imagen Foundation.
In 1983, Helen Hernandez met with prolific television writer and producer Norman Lear. "Lear was acutely aware of the near absence of positive portrayals of Latinos in the entertainment industry and understood the importance of positive images. The two met with leaders of the National Conference for Community and Justice, a respected non-sectarian human relations organization committed to fighting prejudice and racial tensions".
The result was the Imagen Foundation Awards competition (or Imagen Awards), established in 1985.
- Best Primetime Television Program
- Best Primetime Program: Special or Movie-of-the-Week
- Best Actor/Television
- Best Actress/Television
- Best Supporting Actor/Television
- Best Supporting Actress/Television
- Best Young Actor/Television
- Best Young Actress/Television
- Best Children’s Programming
- Best National Informational Program
- Best Local Informational Program
- Best On-Air Advertising
- Best Variety or Reality Show
- Best Web Series: Drama
- Best Web Series: Comedy
- Best Web Series: Reality or Informational
- "Latino Actors Honored at 22nd Annual Imagen Awards". Latin Beat Magazine. 1 October 2007. Archived from the original on 20 February 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2016 – via HighBeam Research.
- Hueso, Noela (12 August 2011). "Imagen Awards: Helen Hernandez Discusses Hollywood Latinos' Progress (Q&A)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Bryant, Jacob (6 October 2015). "Variety's Michelle Sobrino Among Honorees for Imagen's Latinos in Entertainment". Variety. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- de la Fuente, Anna Marie (26 August 2004). "Fete for Latino Feats". Daily Variety. Archived from the original on 20 February 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2016 – via HighBeam Research.
- Imagen Foundation ~ About
- Mark, Stephanie R. (17 August 2015). "Imagen Awards Celebrates 30 Years Honoring Latinos in Media". Broadcasting & Cable. 145 (28): 18. Retrieved 21 January 2016 – via EBSCO.