An imaginarium refers to a place devoted to the imagination. There are various types of imaginaria, centers largely devoted to stimulating and cultivating the imagination, towards scientific, artistic, commercial, recreational, or spiritual ends.
- The Imaginarium Discovery Center is a children's science discovery center within the Anchorage Museum in Anchorage in the U.S. state of Alaska.
- The Imaginarium of South Texas is a children's museum and informal science center at Mall del Norte in Laredo, Texas.
- The Imaginarium Science Center is a science museum and aquarium in Fort Myers, Florida. It features science exhibits, a 3-D theatre, dinosaurs, aquarium displays, a touch tank with stingrays and more.
- The Imaginarium Science Centre of Devonport, Tasmania is a hands-on science museum that is part of Pandemonium: Discovery and Adventure Centre.
Imaginaria in popular culture
In The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, the immortal mystic Doctor Parnassus runs a nomadic theater troupe who lure people through a mirror that shows them a world of their deepest subconscious desires, where their souls are put to the test.
- "Imaginarium Discovery Center". Anchorage Museum. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "2013 Imagine Award Winners". istx.org. Retrieved October 13, 2015.
- "Official site". Imaginarium Science Center. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Imaginarium Science Centre". Pandemonium: Discovery and Adventure Centre. Archived from the original on 30 November 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
|This museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|