|Origin||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|Genres||Indie pop, indie rock|
|Labels||Votiv, Hidden Pony|
|Associated acts||The Waking Eyes, The Weakerthans|
|Members||Rusty Matyas, Marti Sarbit|
Imaginary Cities is a Canadian indie pop band formed in 2010 in Winnipeg. The band consists of multi-instrumentalist Rusty Matyas, formerly of The Waking Eyes and a sometime collaborator with The Weakerthans, and vocalist Marti Sarbit.
The band's debut album, Temporary Resident, was released in 2011 and quickly topped Canada's campus radio charts. The band won a Western Canada Music Award for Best Pop Album of the Year and was subsequently named as a longlisted nominee for the 2011 Polaris Music Prize. To support the album, the band was selected to play several dates in Eastern Canada and the US as an opening act for Pixies.
The band followed up with its second album, Fall of Romance, in May 2013.
- 2011 - Temporary Resident
- 2013 - Fall of Romance
- 2012- "Purple Heart"
- "Imaginary Cities are here to stay". National Post, February 21, 2011.
- "2011 Western Canadian Music Award Winners". breakoutwest.ca. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "2011 Polaris Music Prize Long List announced". aux.tv, June 16, 2011.
- "Imaginary Cities Announce North American Tour". Exclaim!. September 7, 2011. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "Imaginary Cities set to release highly anticipated second album". CBC News, May 16, 2013.
- Imaginary Cities official website
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|