Muhammad bin Muhammad al-Fassi (commonly known as Qutbul Ujud Imam Fassi), who was born in Fes in 1173 Hijri (ca 1760 CE) or 1218 Hijri and died in 1280 Hijri, ca 1863 CE, was the originator of the Fassi family of Sheikhs who constitute the Fassiyatush Shadhiliyya Sufi order.
The boy who later became known as Imam Fassi was born in the year 1173 Hijri (ca 1760 CE) or 1218 Hijri in Fes in Morocco, from which the family name "al-Fassi" had earlier been derived. His mother died during his very childhood. He was a hafil al-Quran during his childhood and travelled to various parts of the world and finally Makkah in search of wisdom.
Imam Fassi can be briefly referred to as Qutbul Ujud or Qutbul Ujud Hazrat Fassi. Some of the full versions of his name include Qutbur Rabbani, Haikalus Samadhani, ... Qutbul ujood, ... Abu Abdullah Seiyaduna Muhammad bin Muhammad bin Masood bin Abdur Rahman al-Makki al-Maqribi al-Fassi ash-Shadhili (Rali.) or Hazrat Qutbul Ujud Seyyidina Mohammad al-Fassy ash-Shadhili (Rah...).
Imam Fassi travelled to Mecca to memorise and learn the Quran with tajwid. He travelled to many places in search of good preachers. His main sheikh was Sidi al-Sheikh Muhammad bin Hamzah al-Madani (Sheikh Qutb Mohammad bin Hamza lafir al-Madani (Rali…)).
The Spiritual Chain
- Allah Rabbul Izza
- Prophet Muhammad
- Ali ibn Abi Talib
- Imam Hasan
- Abu Muhammad Jaabir
- Sa'eed Al Ghazwani
- Abu Muhammad Fath as Su'ud
- Abu Muhammad Sa'ad
- Abi Muhammad Sa'eed
- Abu al Qasim bin Marwan
- Is'haq Ibrahim al Basari
- Zainuddin al Qazwini
- Syedi Shamsuddin
- Syedi Tajuddin
- Syedi Noruddin
- Syedi Fakhruddin
- Tuqaiyuddin al fukhair
- Abdur Rahman al madani al Attar Az zayyat
- Abd as-Salam ibn Mashish al-Alami al andalusi ash Shahid
- Imam Noruddin Abul Hasan Alee ash-Shadhili
- Abul Abbas al-Mursi
- Ahmed bin Ata’ullah Al Iskandari
- Dawood Al Bakhili
- Muhammad Wafa
- Ali Wafa 
- Yahya al Qadiri
- Ahmed bin Uqba Al hadhrami
- Sheikh Shihabuddin Abul Abbas Ahmed Zarruq Al Fassi
- Ibrahim Ithaam
- Alee Sanhani
- Abdur Rahman al Majdhubi (Majzoubi)
- Yusuf al-Fassi
- Syed Muhammad
- Abdur Rahman al Fassi
- Qasim al Ikhlasi
- Ahmad ibn Abdhullah al Fassi
- Arabi ibn Ahmed bin Abdullah Sahib al Maqfiyya
- Ali al Jamal al Imrani
- Muhammad al Arabi bin Ahmed ad Darqawi
- Muhammad ibn Hamza Dhafir al-Madani
- Muhammad Ajwad b. Muhammad b. Masood b. Abdur rahman al Makki al Maghribi al al Fassi ash Shadhili (Imam Fassi)
- Shamsuddin Makki ibn Muhammad Ajwad al Fassi
- Muhammad Ibraheem Makki ibn Shamsuddin Makki al Fassi
- Abdullah Makki ibn Shamsuddin Makki al Fassi
- Dr. Muhammad ibn Mohammad Ibrahim al Fassi
- Abdul Wahab ibn Mohammed Ibrahim al Fassi ash Shadhili
- Abdul Qader ibn Muhammad Ibrahim al Fassi ash Shadhili (Present day Sheikh us Sujjadah of Fassiyatush shadhiliyya Sufi order. He lives in Jeddah).
- al-Fassi, Hatoon Ajwad (2004-01-03). "The history of Al Fassiyyah and Shazuliya Tariqah". Daily News (Sri Lanka). Archived from the original on 2011-06-02. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "Birth of Sheikh Fassy". Fassiyathush Shazuliya. 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-06-04. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "Education of Sheikh Fassy". Fassiyathush Shazuliya. 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- "Fassy - The II Shazuli". Fassiyathush Shazuliya. 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-06-02. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "Genealogy". Fassiyathush Shazuliya. 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-06-04. Retrieved 2011-06-02.