Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University
|Rector||Dr. Ahmed bin Salem bin Mohammed Al-Ameri|
Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University (Arabic: جامعة الإمام محمد بن سعود الإسلامية) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, was founded in 1953. The university was established by merging In 1951, the university was established by merging the Islamic Law College and the Arabic Language College in Riyadh. In 1974, it was granted university status by royal decree. The university houses 12 faculties. It currently has more than 24,000 students and 1,300 faculty. It has intermediate and secondary Islamic institutes in major cities of Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Djibouti and Japan. The university as a cultural and intellectual institution aims to promote knowledge offering undergraduate as well as postgraduate studies. One of the most important aims is to promote translating and publishing as the university has its own print house. Moreover, the university achieves its goals within the Islamic Shari'a.
Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University was founded in 1974.
The university library is the Prince Sultan Library For Science and Knowledge. The library was founded in 1952, and was shared with a variety of schools in the city. In 1975, the Deanship of Library Affairs was created to maintain the library. The library is a partner of the World Digital Library.
- College of Engineering
- College of Medicine
- College of Computer and Information Sciences
- College of Sciences
- College of Economics and Administrative Sciences
- College of Social Sciences
- College of Arabic Language
- College of Media and Communication
- College of Languages and Translation
- College of Sharia (Arabic: كلية الشريعة)
- College of the Fundamentals of Religion (Arabic: كلية أصول الدين)
- The Higher Institute for Dawah and Ihtisaab (Arabic: المعهد العالي للدعوة والاحتساب)
The university is organized into eleven colleges. The eleven colleges focus on: Shari'ah, Islam, Arabic language, social sciences, advocacy and media studies, language and translation, computer science and information science, economics and administrative sciences, formal science, medicine, and engineering. The University is home to the Institute of Translation and Arabization, a facility dedicated to the translation of Arabic texts to foreign languages, and translation of foreign language texts into Arabic (Arabization).
Sports and traditions
Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University has a soccer team and a stadium.
- Abd Al-Aziz Fawzan Al-Fawzan
- Saleh Al-Fawzan
- Saud Al-Shuraim
- Salman al-Ouda
- Aid al-Qarni
- Abu Abd al-Rahman Ibn Aqil al-Zahiri
- Abdulaziz al-Tarefe
- Abdullah el-Faisal
- Nasir al-Fahd
- Mohamad al-Arefe
- Ali al-Khudair
- Abu Omar al-Saif
- Abdullah Mohammed Al-Hugail
- Saeed Qasim Al-Khalidi Al-Maliki
- Abdullah al-Muhaysini
- Sa'ad al-Ateeq
- Ameril Umbra Kato
- Waleed Basyouni
- "Imam University". Bakkah. Archived from the original on 22 September 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Al-Imam Mohammad Ibn Saud Islamic University". Top Universities. 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- "Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University". ICU. 12 July 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Imam Muhammad bin Saud University". SAMIRAD. 20 April 2009. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "جامعة الامام محمد بن سعود الاسلامية". Ministry of Higher Education. Archived from the original on 7 September 2009. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "About Us". Deanship of Library Affairs. Prince Sultan Library for Science and Knowledge. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Partners". About the World Digital Library. World Digital Library. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Institute of Translation and Arabization".[permanent dead link]