Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University
|Location||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University (Arabic: جامعة الإمام محمد بن سعود الإسلامية) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, was founded in 1953. In 1974, it was granted university status by royal decree. The university houses 10 faculties. It currently has more than 24,000 students and 1,300 faculty. It has intermediate and secondary Islamic institutes in major cities of Saudi Arabia, Ras al-Khaimah, the USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Djibouti and Japan. The university as a cultural and intellectual institution aims to promote knowledge offering undergraduate as well as postgraduate studies. One of the most important aims is to promote translating and publishing as the university has its own print house. Moreover, the university achieves its goals within the Islamic Shari'a.
Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University was founded in 1974.
The university library is the Prince Sultan Library For Science and Knowledge. The library was founded in 1952, and was shared with a variety of schools in the city. In 1975, the Deanship of Library Affairs was created to maintain the library. The library is a partner of the World Digital Library.
The university is organized into eleven colleges. The eleven colleges focus on: Shari'ah, Islam, Arabic language, social sciences, advocacy and media studies, language and translation, computer science and information science, economics and administrative sciences, formal science, medicine, and engineering. The University is home to the Institute of Translation and Arabization, a facility dedicated to the translation of Arabic texts to foreign languages, and translation of foreign language texts into Arabic (Arabization).
Sports and traditions
Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University has a soccer team and a stadium.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2014)|
- Abd Al-Aziz Fawzan Al-Fawzan
- Saud Al-Shuraim
- Abu Abd al-Rahman Ibn Aqil al-Zahiri
- Abdullah el-Faisal
- Nasir al-Fahd
- Ali al-Khudair
- Abu Omar al-Saif
- Abdullah Mohammed Al-Hugail
- "Imam University". Bakkah. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University". ICU. 12 July 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Imam Muhammad bin Saud University". SAMIRAD. 20 April 2009. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "جامعة الامام محمد بن سعود الاسلامية". Ministry of Higher Education. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "About Us". Deanship of Library Affairs. Prince Sultan Library for Science and Knowledge. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Partners". About the World Digital Library. World Digital Library. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Institute of Translation and Arabization".