|Born||Kingdom of Saudi Arabia|
MBA in Finance |
(New York Institute of Technology)
Sigma Investments Group|
Founder and CEO
Director of INGOT Consultation Bahrain
Director of Global Alliance Partners
President at IAHV, Jordan
Founder of 8x8 Women, Jordan
Founder of INGOT Coin
Honorary Adviser of "Asia - Pacific Executives Forum"
Mutlaq was born in Saudi Arabia. Following her father's death when she was six years old, she was raised by her mother. Though her family kept close company with Saudi royals, Mutlaq struggled to become involved in the typical male-centric Arabian public life. She started to sell arts and crafts at school when she was 14 years old to support her education.
Mutlaq raised her two sons as a single mother, after her divorce at the age of twenty four.
Mutlaq established her export-import business at the age of eighteen and then entered in the financial industry at the age of 27 covering the regions of Middle East and North Africa. She is currently managing Jordan based Sigma Investments.
She directs INGOT Consultation Bahrain which is a financial services provider since 2015 focuing MENA region; and enables trading on global currencies and precious metals, and also facilitates clients on reaching foreign exchange markets.
She is involved in angel investment encouraging projects which enhance women's creativity and ideas. She is also targeting applications for mobile devices through her startup, "Dreamtech" since 2015.
She is the founder of INGOT Coin, a decentralized cryptocurrency (since 2018), which has an integrated wallet with a digital bank, brokerage service, crypto certifier, community and ICO accelerator. It has rewards for token holders and consumers using and contributing to it. INGOT Coin is a which provides benefits and discounts within the ecosystem itself. The coin is based on a ERC-20 technology.
Activism and women's empowerment
Participant at the inaugural US Presidential Summit on Entrepreneurship invited by The Obama Administration in 2010; she met Hillary Clinton and Richard Holbrooke there and discussed issues affecting women in Afghanistan and across the Middle East.
Sigma Investments Group
Sigma Investments and Ingot are members of the three member consortium which signed cooperation protocol with Egyptian government to establish a US$35–50m worth electronic Egyptian Commodities Exchange in Egypt as the first ever country in the MENA region; it will facilitate the well being of the small farmers and supply of products at reasonable prices abolishing the monopoly of goods.
Achievements and awards
- Keynote Speaker at the first "Asia-Pacific Executives Forum" which was held at Hilton Hotel in Sri Lanka in 2017.
- Best Woman in the Corporate Sector at the AmCham MENA Council Women in Business Awards in 2016.
- Global Alliance Partners, a network of financial entities has elected Iman as the first female director at its Conference in New York City in 2016.
- Iman received the award "Middle - East Woman of the Year" at the 3rd Global Official of Dignity Awards held in the United Nations Headquarters in New York on August 5–7, 2015; she also received there “Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition” from US Congresswoman Karen Bass.
- Iman has been appointed "Goodwill Ambassador for Human Rights and Peace" in Jordan in 2014.
- Jordan's Top Businesswomen in 2015.
- Participated as a Speaker and a Peace-Maker in the International Women's Conference held on April 5 and 6, 2015 in Bali, Indonesia.
- Forbes magazine's Middle East edition, published in 2016 and 2017, ranked Iman Mutlaq 32nd and 41st positions respectively in a list of "The 100 Most Powerful Arab Businesswomen."
- "MEET OUR TEAM". INGOT Coin. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- "Jordan Business Unveils 10 Most Powerful Jordanian Women". Jordan Business. August 2014. Retrieved October 18, 2015.
- "INGOT Brokers introduces services in Sri Lanka". Daily FT. 9 December 2016. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- "24 Jordanians to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to support cancer centre". The Jordan Times. August 18, 2013. Archived from the original on December 20, 2014. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "King Hussein Cancer Foundation and Center Announces the Launch of a New Initiative to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro, the Roof of Africa". King Hussein Cancer Foundation. August 18, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "The Advancing Career Women Project (ACWP)". The International Association for Human Values. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Global consortium to inject $50m in Egypt commodity exchange". MUBASHER. 26 November 2015. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "Egypt signs protocol to establish commodities exchanges". The Cairo Post. 26 November 2015. Retrieved November 30, 2015.
- "Minister Dr. Amunugama Chief Guest at First Asia-Pacific Executives Forum". Lake House. December 7, 2017. Retrieved December 31, 2017.
- "Asia-Pacific Executives Forum held at Hilton Colombo". Wijeya Newspapers. December 7, 2017. Retrieved December 31, 2017.
- "AmCham Bahrain Women in Business Awards". News of Bahrain. March 25, 2016. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- "Women take center stage at AmCham MENA Council Women in Business Awards". Gulf News Journal. March 27, 2016. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- "Lifestyle Expert and Financial Connoisseur From Jordan Will Receive "Middle-East Woman of the Year" at the 3rd Annual G.O.D. Awards". We Care for Humanity. June 15, 2015. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "Jordan's Top Businesswomen: Iman Mutlaq". Venture Magazine. March 9, 2015. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "Excerpts from the Speech of Ms. Iman Mutlaq". International Women's Conference. April 2015. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "The 100 Most Powerful Arab Businesswomen". Forbes(Middle East). 2016. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "The Top 100 Most Powerful Arab Businesswomen 2017". Forbes(Middle East). 2017. Retrieved July 19, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iman Mutlaq.|
- Press Lounge
- Jordan’s Top Businesswomen: Iman Mutlaq
- Global consortium to inject $50m in Egypt commodity exchange
- Egypt to launch agricultural commodities bourse by year-end (Reuters)
- The 100 Most Powerful Arab Businesswomen (Forbes Middle East)
- INGOT Coin & Trade.io Join Strategic Partnership to Strengthen ICO