A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Compassion Achievement Respect Endeavour|
|Chair of Governors||Bob Darvill|
|Local authority||West Sussex|
|DfE URN||126088 Tables|
Imberhorne School is a comprehensive school with specialist Language College status in East Grinstead, West Sussex, England, which admits children between the ages of 11 and 18. The school has a roll of 1,650, including 300 in the Sixth Form, and is on two sites, Windmill Lane and Imberhorne Lane.
Many pupils achieve higher than average results and the school ranks within the top 10 in West Sussex. In 2007 GCSE results, 76% students achieved five or more A*–C passes, compared to a national average of 63%. The Sixth Form provides both academic and vocational courses.
Each school year has a head of year, and each site a deputy head.
Imberhorne is split into two sites. The Windmill Lane site, which is the old county grammar school, houses years 7, 8 and 9 (key stage 3) and the Imberhorne Lane site is used by years 10, 11 (key stage 4) and the Sixth form.
- Richard Fairbrass of Right Said Fred
- Fred Fairbrass of Right Said Fred
- Nick Van Eede of Cutting Crew
- Stuart Simmonds, cricketer
- Geoff Wheel, Technical Director of the Royal Opera House and Operations Director of Royal Opera House Muscat
- David Earl, actor and comedian: Derek, Cemetery Junction, Extras
- Benjamin Hutchinson, swimmer for Great Britain
- Louise Redknapp, singer
- "Education - League Tables - Imberhorne School". BBC News. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/sustainable/schooltravel/localauthorities/schooltravelstrategiesandpla5746?page=28[permanent dead link]
- "GCSE and A-level results 2007: West Sussex - Schools special reports - EducationGuardian.co.uk". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
|This West Sussex school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|