|Imeri warbling antbird|
|Missing taxonomy template ( ):||[]|
Sclater, PL, 1865
Hypocnemis cantator flavescens
The Imeri warbling antbird (Hypocnemis flavescens) is a species of bird in the family Thamnophilidae. It is found at lower levels in humid forest in southern Venezuela, south-eastern Colombia and north-western Brazil (west of the Branco River).
The Imeri warbling antbird was described by the English zoologist Philip Sclater in 1865 and given the binomial name Hypocnemis flavescens. Until recently, it was considered a subspecies of Hypocnemis cantator, but based on vocal differences and to a lesser degree differences in plumages it is now treated as a separate species.
There are two subspecies:
- Hypocnemis flavescens flavescens Sclater, PL, 1865 – east Colombia, south Venezuela and northwest Brazil
- Hypocnemis flavescens perflava Pinto, 1966 – central Roraima in northern Brazil
- BirdLife International (2016). "Hypocnemis flavescens". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. 2016: e.T22735473A95112610. doi:10.2305/IUCN.UK.2016-3.RLTS.T22735473A95112610.en. Retrieved 11 November 2021.
- Sclater, Philip L. (1864). "Descriptions of seven new species of birds discovered by the late D. John Natterer in Brazil". Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London (3): 605–611 . The volume is dated 1864 but the issue was published in the following year.
- Isler, M.L.; Isler, P.R.; Whitney, B.M. (2007). "Species limits in antbirds (Thamnophilidae): the Warbling Antbird (Hypocnemis cantator) complex". Auk. 124 (1): 11–28. doi:10.1642/0004-8038(2007)124[11:SLIATT]2.0.CO;2.
- Lebbin, Daniel (August 2007). "Proposal (299): Split Hypocnemis cantator by elevating H. flavescens, peruviana, subflava, ochrogyna and striata to species rank". South American Classification Committee of the American Ornithological Society. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- Gill, Frank; Donsker, David, eds. (2018). "Antbirds". World Bird List Version 8.1. International Ornithologists' Union. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- Zimmer & Isler. 2003. Hypocnemis cantator (Warbling Antbird). Pp. 645 in del Hoyo, Elliott, & Christie. 2003. Handbook of the Birds of the World. Vol. 8. Broadbills to Tapaculos. Lynx Edicions. Barcelona.
- Imeri Warbling-Antbird. arthurgrosset.com. Accessed 2008-06-27