|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Labels||Star Empire Entertainment|
IMFACT (Hangul: 임팩트, a mixture of I'm Fact and Impact) are a South Korean boy band formed by Star Empire Entertainment in 2016. The group debuted on January 27, 2016, with their single album "Lollipop". The group consists of five members: Jeup, Taeho, Jian, Sang, and Ungjae.
Prior to debut, Jian worked as a backup dancer for B1A4 and Juniel. Jeup learned Taekwondo and had even been a member of the national team when he was in highschool. Before training under Star Empire Entertainment, Taeho had trained under several other labels such as MBK Entertainment and Happy Face Entertainment.
2016: Debut with Lollipop and Revolt
Imfact released their debut single album Lollipop on January 27, 2016. The single contains four tracks with the title track being Lollipop, and it was produced by the members. The group officially debuted, on stage, on January 28 on the music program M Countdown. Imfact held their first fanmeeting on June 19.
On August 13, they held a live broadcast on Naver V App to celebrate their 200th day since debut and announced their fanclub name IF.
On October 21, it was reported that Imfact will be making a comeback on the second week of November. On October 31, Imfact dropped a comeback trailer and a teaser image. Their second single album Revolt will be released on November 11. On November 11, they came back with the single album Revolt with the title track "F,S,G Feel so Good".
2017: IMFACTORY, The Unit
Imfact announced their 2017 project entitled IMFACTORY to their fans on a launching show on January 7. IMFACTORY is a mix of "IMFACT Factory and Story" The project consist of monthly releases, mini fan meetings and mini concerts. The group began their first monthly "In The Club" released on January 25 at 12 a.m. KST.
They continue to hold mini concert as a part of IMFACTORY project. Their third monthly song "Tension Up" was released on April 5. The song is a fast tempo EDM about wanting to have fun and get crazy for the night.
On August 24, they were confirmed to join KBS Idol Rebooting Project The Unit. On September 19, Star Empire announced 4 members: Jian, Jeup, Taeho and Ungjae will participate the show. During the Fourth Mission, Ungjae and his team performed a newly produced song, placed second with “Question”, and got a special video. Jeup was finished in the 11th place in the final round and not entered to TOP9 debut team, Ungjae and Taeho was eliminated in the 26th and 27th place before final round while Jian was eliminated in the 49th place in the first elimination.
2018: The Light and NANANA
On August 16, the group dropped a new music video for their latest digital single “NANANA”, a catchy song that incorporates the house genre, with lyrics that aim to give comfort to youth who are struggling to achieve their dreams. The song received generally positive reviews from music critics. Taylor Glasby of Dazed British magazine praised "NANANA" for "its hooky title refrain jumps into a deep house chorus, with cranking EDM beats beneath the verses and bridge, but the twist is the contrasting vocals, which bring a real alchemy to the verses and wrap around the chorus. It turns “NANANA” into a much more intimate listen, a dance-like-nobody’s-watching moment, and a finely crafted song that should have seen far more success." Dazed also ranked it at number 13 in its list of The 20 best K-pop songs of 2018.
2019: Only U
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Sales||Album|
|"F,S,G (Feel So Good)"||105||
|"In The Club" (니가 없어)||2017||112||
|"Please Be My First Love" (첫사랑을 부탁해)||—||
|"Tension Up" (텐션업)||—||
|"The Light" (빛나)||2018||—||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
- "IMFACT's Leesang was discovered by Star Empire when he was three years old". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "New boy group IMFACT poses for 'International bnt'". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "New group Imfact releases tracklist show off their talents on debut tracklist". Allkpop. January 17, 2016.
- "iKON win #1 + performances from January 28th 'M! Countdown'!". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "IMFACT to hold their first fan meeting!". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "IMFACT Announces Fan Club Name On 200th Day Since Debut". Soompi. 2016-08-13. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "IMFACT to make a comeback in November?". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "Update: IMFACT Dials Up The Smolder In New Group Teaser For Comeback". Soompi. 2016-10-31. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "IMFACT Makes Fiery Comeback With "Feel So Good" MV". Soompi. 20 November 2016.
- "IMFACT To Release New Songs Monthly For Their 2017 Project". Soompi. 12 February 2017.
- http://cafe.daum.net /IMFACTofficial/a4d2/77
- "Watch: "The Unit" Unveils MV For "All Day" And Special Video For "Question"". Soompi. 15 January 2018.
- 최, 현준. "[M/V] THE UNI+ K.B.S - Question". Youtube. Interpark Music. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "[KCON 2018 LA] IMFACT - NANANAㅣKCON 2018 LA x M COUNTDOWN". Youtube.
- "[#KCON18LA] Artist Reveal – IMFACT". KCON USA.
- "IMFACT performing their new song NANANA". Twitter.
- "KCON LA Rounds-Out Line-up With IMFACT, DreamCatcher, and Mia". Soompi. 10 July 2018.
- Herman, Tamar. "KCON 2018 LA Finalizes Lineup With Dreamcatcher, IMFACT & Mia". Billboard.
- "Watch: IMFACT Sings About Dreams And Youth In MV For "NANANA"". www.soompi.com. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- Glasby, Taylor. "The 20 best K-pop songs of 2018". www.dazeddigital.com. Retrieved 17 December 2018.
- "Dazed best of 2018". www.dazeddigital.com. Dazed. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- [My Name] 임팩트 (1) 지안, 제업 (in Korean). Ten Asia.
- "Gaon Album Chart". Gaon Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. Archived from the original on May 5, 2016. Retrieved January 23, 2016.
- 2016년 01월 [First half of 2016 Album Chart]. Gaon Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- 2016년 012월 [Second half of 2016 Album Chart]. Gaon Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- 2019년 03월 [First half of 2019 Album Chart]. Gaon Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. Retrieved March 4, 2019.