Immaculate Conception Cemetery, Montclair
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Angelo Bertelli (1921–1999), 1943 Heisman Trophy winner.
- Mule Haas (1903–1974), MLB center fielder.
- Bob Hooper (1922-1980), MLB pitcher 
- Ed Reulbach (1882–1961), MLB pitcher.
- Grif Teller (1899 – 1993), artist famous for his paintings for the Pennsylvania Railroad.
- Strauss, Robert (March 28, 2004). "Sometimes the Grave Is a Fine and Public Place". New York Times. Retrieved 2007-08-21.
Some New Jersey cemeteries almost seem to specialize. At Immaculate Conception Cemetery in Upper Montclair are the graves of four star athletes. Angelo Bertelli, the Notre Dame quarterback who won the 1943 Heisman Trophy, is there. So is Mule Haas, who played outfield in three consecutive World Series for the Philadelphia Athletics. Big Ed Reulbach, who pitched in the Chicago Cubs' last World Series victory in 1908, is there, too, as is Bob Hooper, who pitched for three major league teams in the 1950s.