Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology
Latin: Dispensatores mysteriorum Dei|
(Dispensers of the mysteries of God)
|Seton Hall University|
|Rector||Reverend Monsignor Joseph Reilly, STL, PhD|
South Orange, |
New Jersey, U.S.
The Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology (ICSST) is the major seminary for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Newark and is part of Seton Hall University, a Roman Catholic university in New Jersey, and is located in South Orange, within the Archdiocese of Newark. ICSST is one of the oldest Catholic seminaries in the United States. Seton Hall is the oldest diocesan university in the country. ICSST admits both students to study as seminarians and lay persons as well. In addition to a Seminary Formation Program to prepare men for priesthood, ICSST has a renowned graduate program offering the following degrees:
- Master of Arts in Theology (MA)
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry (MAPM)
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.)
The school attracts students from all over the world and in 2006 created a bachelor's degree program in Catholic Theology.
- Peter Baldacchino – Auxiliary Bishop of Miami
- John P. Washington – one of the Four Chaplains, who died in World War II
- Most Reverend Bishop Michael Angelo Saltarelli - Bishop of Wilmington