|Founded||2 June 2011|
Immagine is a registered non-profit organisation based in Kerala, India. Registered as a charitable society with the Government of Kerala, Immagine started functioning as a Facebook page on 2 June 2011 for supporting budding photographers.
The Managing Committee is the governing body of Immagine. It consists of five office bearers and five executive members. The Managing Committee members, as of 2015 are:
- Manu MS, President
- Vishnu Manoharan, Vice President
- Athul S Raj, Secretary
- Haider Ali B, Joint Secretary
- Mishal B, Treasurer
- Executive Members: Manoj KB, Akshay Ajith, Gokul Rajenan, Indrajith R S, Ashiqua Sulthana
Immagine is engaged in various online and offline activities related to Photography. Online activities include publishing photographs and tutorials, theme based Photography Contests, publishing interviews, etc. The interviewed photographers include Mr. GMB Akash of Bangladesh, Padma Shri Pablo Bartholomew, Mr. Sangeeth Sivan, Dr. Deepak John Mathew, Miss. Cecelia Webber of United States, Mrs. Rathika Ramasamy, Mr. Swapan Mukherjee, and Mr. Ramit Batra.
- Photography workshop and exhibition of selected photographs from online contests at Government Museum Auditorium, Thiruvananthapuram on 23 February 2013.
- Workshop and exhibition at IMA Hall, Kottayam on 18 May 2013.
- Exhibition at Lalita Kala Academy Art Gallery, Calicut from 20 to 22 September 2013.
- Photography workshop at Calicut on 21 September 2013.
India Weaved in Frames (IWIF)
It is a series of online Photography contests, one contest themed on every Indian state. The series was conducted from 14 October 2013 to 9 August 2014. Each contest was judged by a photographer who hails from or knows that state. The final winner, from the winners of 29 contests, was selected by Padma Shri Raghu Rai and the winner was Mr. Biswajit Patra of Sikkim Contest
The IWIF Photography exhibition was conducted at Kerala Lalithakala Akademi Durbar Hall Art Gallery Center, Ernakulam, Kerala from 5 to 9 November 2014. The exhibition was inaugurated by 29 children of Don Bosco Sneha Bhavan, Ernakulam, Kerala by singing the Indian National Anthem. The chief guest during the inaugural day was Mr. Balan Madhavan, a member of International League of Conservation Photographers. A photo-book, titled as India Weaved in Frames, was also printed featuring all the 87 photographs with description.
The first edition of India Weaved in Frames has been featured in Limca Book of Records 2016 edition, under the Painting section.
- "Interviews with Eminent Photographers".
- "Workshop and Exhibition at Trivandrum". Archived from the original on 12 July 2015. Retrieved 4 July 2015.Deccan Chronicle
- "Immagine Photography Workshop and Exhibition at Kottayam".The New Indian Express
- "Immagine Exhibition and Workshop at Calicut".The Hindu
- "India Weaved in Frames Photography Contest Series".Smart Photography
- "IWIF Exhibition at Ernakulam".The Hindu
- "India Weaved in Frames Exhibition".The New Indian Express
- "Don Bosco Sneha Bhavan, Ernakulam".
- "Balan Madhavan, Wildlife Photographer".The Hindu
- "IWIF Photo Book".Smart Photography
- "IWIF First Edition".Limca Book of Records 2016 Edition