|Directed by||Lal Jose|
|Produced by||S. George|
|Written by||A.C. Vijeesh|
|Music by||Afzal Yusuf|
|Edited by||Ranjan Abraham|
|Distributed by||Play House|
Immanuel, also publicized as Emmanuel, is a 2013 Malayalam drama film, directed by Lal Jose and produced by S. George. The film stars Mammootty in the title role with Reenu Mathews and Fahadh Faasil. Lal Jose has stated that it is a "soft film sans hullabaloo" and "essentially tells the story of Immanuel's intrinsic goodness even in the face of adversity.".
The film follows the character of Immanuel (Mammootty),who works in a book publishing firm owned by Joseph (Sunil Sukhada). When the company is closed down due to unexpected reasons, Immanuel and his family find it difficult to make both ends meet. He then gets a job in a private insurance company which is managed by Jeevan Raj (Fahad Fasil). The movie gives an unvarnished portrayal of the ruthless ways in which private insurance companies work, with scant regard for humanity. Immanuel is cheated by Venkatesh who grabs his customer and takes the credit. Non performers are forced to leave the organization. Clients are repeatedly denied their claims on flimsy grounds while the company makes profit. The hardships and harsh realities Immanuel faces forces him to see himself and his life in a new perspective that is often outside his personal comfort zone
- Mammootty as Immanuel
- Fahadh Faasil as Jeevan Raj
- Reenu Mathews as Annie
- Salim Kumar as Suku (Peon)
- Guinness Pakru as Kannadi Kavi Shivan
- Sunil Sukhada as Joseph
- Ramesh Pisharody as Venkatesh
- P. Balachandran as Gopinathan Nair
- Bijukuttan as Driver
- Abu Salim as Chandy
- Shivaji Guruvayoor as Simon
- Balachandran Chullikkadu as Madhavettan
- Nedumudi Venu as Jabbar
- Anil Murali (cameo) as Velayuthan
- Nandhu as Dr. Ramakrishnan
- Mukesh (cameo) as Rajasekharan
- Devan (cameo) as Kuwait Kumaran
- Suja Menon as Saritha
- Sukumari as Khadeejumma
- Ponnamma Babu s Chandy's wife
- Devi Ajith as Sandy Wilson
- T Parvathy
- Muktha (cameo) as Jenniffer
- Deepika Mohan as Immanuel's co-worker at DTP Center
- Anjana Appukuttan as Immanuel's neighbour
Casting for Immanuel began in mid-2012, with both John Abraham and Balachandra Menon rumored to be taking part in the film. Jose denied rumors that Abraham would be acting in the film and Menon also denied that he would perform due to conflicting schedules with his personal life. Actor Mammootty was confirmed as the lead actor, with Fahadh Faasil also confirmed as performing in the film. Faasil was initially said to be performing a "negative role" in Immanuel, which Jose later stated was untrue and that Faasil would be portraying a company executive. In early January 2013, Jose announced that he had cast, a newcomer, Reenu Mathews, as Mammootty's wife in the film.
Smitha of OneIndia gave the movie 4/5 stars and stated, "Immanuel is a touching, heartwarming and poignant tale of human values, endurance and goodness in people" and that the movie "is worth watching this weekend and seems to have all ingredients that might make it a superhit." 
Aswin J Kumar of The Times of India gave the movie 3/5 stars, and said that "Immanuel is the latest embodiment among the newly-developed breed of characters who absorb all pain, rage and agony with an enduring smile," but stated that "the problem with Immanuel is that whatever he (Immanuel) does in the film looks more divine than human."
Now running.com rated Immanuel above average. Veeyen said that "'Emmanuel' is a film that talks of the trying times that we live in. it's a delicate film with modest intentions, but which nevertheless remains a miniature gem with a distinct shine. He also praised the performance of mammooty. 'Mammootty is incredibly good as Emmanuel' Veeyen wrote."
|1||"Ennodu Koode"||Jayaram Ranjith|
|2||"Maanathudichathu"||Najim Arshad, Saptaparna Chakraborty|
|3||"Paathakal (D)"||Reshma Menon, Carl Franais|
|4||"Paathakal"||Carl Franais, Ajeesh Ashokan|
- "Lal- Mammootty pair up again !". Times of India. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Fahadh not a villain in Lal Jose's 'Emmanuel'". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "On Location: Immanuel - Money matters". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Emmanuel starts rolling". Times of India. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Mammootty in Lal Jose's Emmanuel". Kerala Hanima. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Balachandra Menon says 'No' to Lal Jose's 'Immanuel'". Balcony Beats. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "It is just another rumour: Lal Jose". Times of India. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Fahad to play negative role in Lal Jose's Immanuel". Metro Matinee. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Lal Jose introduces yet another actress". Times of India. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- Smitha (5 April 2013). "Immanuel Movie Review - Perfect to watch this weekend". OneIndia. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- Aswin J Kumar (7 April 2013). "Immanuel Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "Emmanuel Review". nowrunning.com.