New logo since 2015
|Founded||19 April 1990Vienna, Austriain|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
IMMOFINANZ is a commercial real-estate company that focuses its activities on the retail and office segments of seven core markets in Europe: Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Poland. The core business includes the management and development of properties. The company has a real estate portfolio of approx. EUR 5.5 billion that covers more than 380 properties, as of 31 October 2015. The company is listed on the stock exchanges in Vienna (leading ATX index) and Warsaw.
As of October 2015, it is a member of the Austrian Traded Index (ATX), the index of the twenty largest companies traded on the Vienna stock exchange. 'Immo' is short for Immobilien, German for property.
C & S Immobilien Anlagen Aktiengesellschaft was established in April 1990 as a joint venture company owned by Constantia Privatbank and Bankhaus Schoeller & Co. In November 1994, C & S Immobilien Anlagen Aktiengesellschaft was merged into IMMOFINANZ, which had previously been established with the name of CPAG Immobilienvermietungs GmbH, had become a public company and been renamed C & S Realitäten Anlagen Aktiengesellschaft. Following the merger with C & S Immobilien Anlagen Aktiengesellschaft, the name was changed to IMMOFINANZ IMMOBILIEN ANLAGEN AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT.
In 1991, the shares in C & S Immobilien Anlagen Aktiengesellschaft were admitted to the Second Regulated Market on the Vienna Stock Exchange, and from 1994 the shares of IMMOFINANZ. In 1996 the first capital increase was carried out and in the same year IMMOFINANZ shares were admitted to the Official Market on the Vienna Stock Exchange. In September 2006, the name was changed to IMMOFINANZ AG. In May 2013, the secondary listing of the shares on the Warsaw Stock Exchange took place.
IMMOFINANZ is present today in Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Poland and Moscow. The core business includes the asset management and development of properties. Active portfolio management and utilisation of profitable sales opportunities ensures ongoing optimisation of the standing investment portfolio. With the sale of the entire logistics portfolio, which was completed at the beginning of February 2016, IMMOFINANZ placed its strategic focus on the office and retail asset classes in its core markets.
Financial crisis 2008
In the summer of 2008, international real estate and financial markets were hit by severe turbulence. Constantia Privatbank AG (CPAG), which, under the directorship of Petrikovics and Gertner, was responsible for the management of IMMOFINANZ, failed to react to the changed circumstances. These developments, along with poor management decisions, the correctness of which were/are the subject of criminal investigations, caused a crisis at IMMOFINANZ. In the wake of the global financial and economic crisis and the accompanying falling securities prices, IMMOFINANZ shares also came under strong pressure. For IMMOFINANZ, what was probably the most difficult phase in the history of the company up to that point began.
The company today
As a commercial real estate company, IMMOFINANZ focuses on both the retail and office asset classes. In the office sector, the company ranks among the largest providers of space in many of the capital cities in its core markets. In Germany, IMMOFINANZ is constructing the new corporate head offices for trivago und Uniper in Düsseldorf.
In retail, the group concentrates on its two brands, STOP SHOP und VIVO!. STOP SHOP comprises retail parks in Austria and Eastern Europe, featuring a standardised format and a tenant mix. The STOP SHOP locations are predominantly in catchment areas with 30,000 to 150,000 residents and have lettable space of 3,000 sqm to 15,000 sqm. VIVO! is a quality shopping center brand developed by IMMOFINANZ that focuses on fashion and entertainment.
Immofinanz has been involved in a series of negotiations regarding a takeover or merger with its fellow ATX member CA Immo, also a property development company. Merger negotiations failed in 2014, as did an acrimonious takeover bid by CA Immo in spring 2015.
In August 2016 IMMOFINANZ has announced, that approximately 26% of the CA IMMO shares were acquired.
Rebranding 2015 – New Logo
Under the motto "Space to Succeed", IMMOFINANZ launched a new brand and internet presence. A high level of customer and market orientation is central to the brand philosophy. This is now reflected in a renewed, contemporary presence. The logo with its variable size of frame emphasises the "Space to Succeed" and represents the flexibility of the company with respect to various customer needs.
- "Annual Report 2014/2015". Immofinanz AG. April 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Annual Report 2015/16". Immofinanz AG. 11 August 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "ATX Beobachtungsliste 10.15" (PDF). Wiener Börse. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "Corporate News, 1 February 2016". Immofinanz AG. 1 February 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Annual Report 2008/09". Immofinanz AG. April 2009. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Corporate News from 05.10.2015". Immofinanz AG. 5 October 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Corporate News from 11.01.2016". Immofinanz AG. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Forbes Profile: Boris Mints". Forbes. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Weber, Alexander. "CA Immo, Immofinanz Cool Down Austrian Property Takeover". Bloomberg. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Khrennikov & Weber. "Dmitry Mints Says He Has No Plan to Combine CA Immo, Immofinanz". Bloomberg. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Weber, Alexander. "Immofinanz Seeks CA Immo Stake in $572 Million Counterbid". Bloomberg. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Shields & Potter. "3-Property battle between CA Immo, Immofinanz fizzles out". Reuters. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Ostrowski, Rafal. "CA Immo fails in Immofinanz takeover bid". Eurobuild. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Shields & Potter. "Immofinanz sues CA Immo". Reuters. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "IMMOFINANZ Completes the Acquisition of an investment of approx. 26% in CA IMMO". 2 August 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.