Impact, Muang Thong Thani
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
IMPACT Muang Thong Thani (Thai: อิมแพ็ค เมืองทองธานี) is a complex consisting of an arena, convention centre and exhibition hall in suburban Bangkok, Thailand. It is located in Amphoe Pak Kret, Nonthaburi Province.
IMPACT Arena, Exhibitions and Convention Centre is currently the 2nd largest exhibition and convention venue in Asia with an indoor floorspace of over 140,000 square m. Its Challenger Hall is currently the world's largest column free exhibition hall.
Each year, the venue hosts over 490 events and welcomes a visitorship of over 15 million. also the venue hosted Miss Universe 2005 on May 31.
- IMPACT Arena - A 12,000-seat arena-style concert hall. It is the primary large-scale entertainment venue for the Bangkok metropolitan area.
In 2013 the Impact Arena will host the Mister Universe pageant
- Aktiv Square - An open-air amphitheatre of 19,880 square m for outdoor activities.
- Lakeside - An open-air amphitheatre of 152,000 square m for outdoor activities.
- IMPACT Forum - 11,000-square-m facility with the 2,000 square m Grand Diamond Ballroom and 30 meeting rooms.
- IMPACT Exhibition Center - 47,000-square-meter exhibition hall and 6 meeting rooms.
- IMPACT Challenger - A world-largest 60,000-square-m column-free exhibition hall and 16 meeting rooms.
- Novotel IMPACT HOTEL - A 400 room 4-Star hotel management by Novotel
Located in the northern suburban city of Pakkret about 40 km from Bangkok's central business district, Mueang Thong Thani (Golden City) was established by real-estate developer Bangkok Land in 1989 as a self-contained satellite city with high-rise condominiums and an intended population of around 150,000 people.
The project languished in the mid-1990s with the 1997 Asian financial crisis, but was revived in 1998 when Bangkok Land built Mueang Thong Thani Stadium as one of the three stadiums to host the 13th Asian Games. The stadium was expanded and renamed IMPACT Exhibition Centre in 1999. IMPACT Convention Center was built in 2000, while expansion of IMPACT Exhibition Centre was completed in 2003. The column-free IMPACT Challenger exhibition halls were completed in early 2006. Spanning 60,000 sq m, the IMPACT Challenger Halls are presently the world's biggest column-free exhibition halls.
|Miss Universe Venue