This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
IMPACT press was an Orlando, Florida-based magazine started in 1996 by Craig Mazer. IMPACT press ran for 10 years, printing its last issue in Spring 2006. Most of the articles were political in nature and usually supported the left and far left. During its 10 years in existence, IMPACT press printed 60 issues with print runs of at least 10,000 copies each. Copies of the magazine were available in over 50 cities around the United States.
In addition to the political topics, IMPACT also focused on animal rights issues and the environment, as well as including music reviews in a section called "Quickies". Some of the regular contributors to IMPACT included animal rights advocate and author Steven Best, social and political activist Paul Rogat Loeb, cartoonists Keith Knight and Stephanie McMillan, and Morris Sullivan, as well as columnists Adam Finley, Patrick Scott Barnes, Don Pflaster, and others. Additional staff included contributing editor/copy editor Stacey Matrazzo and webmaster Ben Markeson.
- "Craig M. (editor of Impact Press, activist". Punk Theory. November 27, 2011. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "Break-ups: Impact Press (1996-2006)". Punk news. November 8, 2006. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "Michael Moore interview with Craig Mazer of IMPACT press (1999)". SoundCloud. May 29, 2013. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "IMPACT Press Spring '06: Editorial: Good-Bye from IMPACT". Impact Press. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "Catalog by Title – I". Denverzine Library. August 21, 2010. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "IMPACT press fact sheet". Impact Press. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "IMPACT Press Winter '06: Clearcutting Green Activists: The FBI Escalates the War on Dissent". Impact Press. Spring 2006. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "IMPACT Press Winter '06: Sen. James Inhofe: Top Terrorist Threat to Planet Earth". Impact Press. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "Quickies: Music Reviews Archive". IMPACT press. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "Staff". Impact Press. January 17, 2000. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
|This American political magazine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.