Imperial Bank South Africa
|Headquarters||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Hubert Brody, Chairman,
René Van Wyk, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
|Products||Loans, Savings, Checking, Investments, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Mortgages|
Imperial Bank South Africa Limited, also referred to as Imperial Bank South Africa (IBSA), but commonly known as Imperial Bank, is a commercial bank in the Republic of South Africa. It is licensed as a locally controlled financial institution by the Reserve Bank of South Africa, the national banking regulator.
The bank was established in 1996 by Imperial Holdings Limited. In 2001, the Nedbank Group acquired 50.1% controlling interest in the bank. Imperial Holdings retained 49.9% shareholding. In August 2009, the Nedbank Group acquired the 49.9% that it already did not own, thereby becoming the sole owner of the bank.
- List of Licensed Financial Institutions In South Africa
- History of Imperial Bank South Africa
- "Business Report | IOL | Breaking News | South Africa News | World News | Sport | Business | Entertainment | IOL.co.za". Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- Branches of Imperial Bank South Africa
- The Board of Directors of Imperial Bank South Africa