Imperial Hotel, Blackpool
The Imperial Hotel
|Location||Blackpool, Lancashire, England|
|Number of rooms||180|
|Number of restaurants||1 and bar|
The Imperial Hotel, formerly Puma Hotels Collection, is a 4-star hotel located on the northern promenade in Blackpool, Lancashire, England. It was established in 1867 and is situated in a large Victorian red brick building, in what, before development, was once Claremont Park. Owned by Barceló Hotels for many years, it is now operated by The Hotel Collection since 10 June 2014. The hotel features a gold and blue facade, 180 rooms, The Palm Court Restaurant and the Number 10 Bar.
Granada Television once set up a studio in the hotel to cover party conferences held in the town. It has served as a conference and party venue for a wide range of societies. The Queen has stayed at this hotel when visiting Blackpool, as did Charles Dickens and many British Prime Ministers.
- Imperial Hydropathic Hotel Co v Hampson, an 1883 landmark UK company law case, concerning the interpretation of a company's articles of association.
- W. Porter (publisher.) (1871). Porter's guide to Blackpool, Fleetwood, Lytham, etc., with a directory of Blackpool. p. 21. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Finch, John; Cox, Michael; Giles, Marjorie (8 November 2003). Granada Television: The First Generation. Manchester University Press. p. 229. ISBN 978-0-7190-6515-6. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- British Power Farming Club (ENGLAND) (1 January 1980). Power farming. Agricultural Press. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Institute of British Foundrymen; Welsh Engineers' and Founders' Association; Foundry Trades' Equipment & Supplies Association (January 1970). The Foundry trade journal. p. 520. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- The Commercial motor. Temple Press Ltd. March 1975. p. 76. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Institution of Municipal Engineers (Great Britain); Incorporated Association of Municipal and County Engineers (Great Britain); Association of Municipal and Sanitary Engineers and Surveyors (Great Britain) (1960). Journal of the Institution of Municipal Engineers. p. 208. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Steves, Rick (4 January 2011). Rick Steves' Great Britain 2011 with Map. Avalon Travel. p. 417. ISBN 978-1-59880-667-0. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Porter, Darwin; Prince, Danforth (28 September 2010). Frommer's England 2011. John Wiley & Sons. p. 619. ISBN 978-0-470-61538-6. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Imperial Hotel, Blackpool, England Concert Setlists". setlist.fm. Retrieved 2017-11-03.