Imperial Multimedia is a developer of interactive kiosks based in Baraboo, Wisconsin, United States, The company was established by Fred Lochner in 1999. One of the main goals and initiatives of Imperial Multimedia is to get children into the outdoors and to arm them with information that will take away "the fear of the unknown".
History of Imperial Multimedia
The company was founded in 1999 by Fred Lochner, in Baraboo, Wisconsin
In 2005, Imperial Multimedia took on a kiosk project in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The  New Bohemia Solar Project is a collaboration between Iowa DNR, I-Renew,  Alliant Energy, Thorland Company, and the City of Cedar Rapids, with funding provided by the United States Department of Energy. The purpose of this project was not only to provide 7200 watts of solar energy for Cedar Rapids' existing grid, but also to raise awareness and educate the public about the existence and benefits of solar energy.
In 2006 [dead link]Imperial Multimedia created an idea of getting people more information about a place they are visiting with the use of technology. In 2007, this idea came to fruition as Imperial Multimedia became the first company to install a state-wide system of electronic  Information Stations in state parks. The interactive kiosks were installed in 31 of Virginia's State Parks. These  Information Stations include a variety of information such as video tours of trails, printable maps, emergency information, park information and interpretive information.
In 2009, Imperial Multimedia developed a kiosk in northern Wisconsin in part of the Chequamegon National Forest that educated people about the local elk population.  The electronic information kiosk was created to fit into an existing sign board. The electronic kiosk has in-depth information about elk and the surrounding wildlife.
In the beginning of 2010, Imperial Multimedia became a founding partner for the America's State Parks Alliance. The Alliance expresses advocacy for getting out in nature and making sure that state park visitor's voices are heard.
- http://www.newbohemia.org/projects.htm | new bohemia solar project
- http://www.alliantenergy.com/Environmental/RenewableAlternativeEnergy/014436 | Alliant Energy. The solar array
- http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1976&dat=20060824&id=fgsiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=qq0FAAAAIBAJ&pg=4785,5444329 | article describing the kiosk program The Island Packet - August 24, 2006
- "DCR Virginia State Parks Information System Kiosks". Vaparks.net. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- Multimedia, Imperial. "Information Stations in VA State Parks". Virginiaoutdoors.com. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/elk/kiosk.htm | Interactive kiosk in Clam Lake, WI
- http://www.americasstateparks.com/about.html | Imperial Multimedia becomes a founding partner. Retrieved 4-28-10.