This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Colours||Gold, red and black|
|Slogan||ave Europa nostra vera patria|
|House of Representatives||
0 / 69
0 / 6
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Imperium Europa (Latin for "Empire Europe") is a far-right Maltese political party, founded in 2000 by Norman Lowell, who is also its leader. Its primary aim is to unite Europe into one political entity.
The stated goal of the party is to unite all European natives under one flag, hence the name "Imperium Europa", leading to "a Europid bond forged through Spirituality closely followed by Race, nurtured through High culture, protected by High Politics, enforced by The Elite."
Proposal for institutional reform
The party advocates a temporary national unity government, a dual system of elitist and democratic elements in order to protect the elite minority whilst simultaneously allowing democratic freedom. This would occur by having the populace democratically elect a President, who would select experts from every field to form a technocratic Cabinet, similar to that formed by Lamberto Dini in Italy in 1995.
Concurrently, there would still be the current Parliament, informing the nation of the cabinet’s policies while simultaneously gathering feedback. After four years, a referendum would be held to determine whether the people want this system or go back to the parliamentary representative democratic system. If the former is chosen, the President and technocrats would carry on for another five years, while the parliamentarians would be dismissed with an attractive pension in return.
|This section does not cite any sources. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 10% flat rate VAT and abolition of income tax.
- A dynamic foreign policy.
- A more rational, planned approach to building.
- Abolition of victimless crimes.
- Building an artificial island which would be used to generate energy and at the same time serve as a landfill.
- Civil liberties: freedom of speech, and freedom of association.
- Free access to In vitro fertilisation.
- Gun rights.
- Allowing abortion only in extreme cases, such as rape or to save the woman's life
European parliamentary elections
Norman Lowell was the party's candidate in the first European Parliament elections that were held in Malta on June 12, 2004. He obtained 1,603 first-count votes from a total of 250,691 votes cast (0.64%). In the 2009 European Parliament elections, Lowell obtained 3,359 first-count votes (a 122% increase over the 2008 MEP elections). Mr. Lowell ran again in 2014 and got an impressive 7,000 votes, more than double the 2009 MEP result.
2008 general elections
Campaigning heavily against illegal immigrants, Lowell was the party's candidate in the 11th and 12th Districts in the March 2008 parliamentary election. He obtained 84 votes on first count from both districts, obtaining 0.03% of the overall votes.
- Malta: White Leader Decries "Betrayal of Our Beloved Island" National Vanguard June 17, 2004
- Radical–Racialist–Right–Revolutionary-Reactionaries! National Vanguard February 11, 2004
- Norman Lowell Uncut (4) Maltafly.com
- "2009 MEP Election Results in Malta".