Impermium was a cyber-security startup company based in Redwood City, California, which provides anti-spam and account protection services for Internet web sites. The company was founded in 2010 by Mark Risher, Vishwanath Ramarao, and Naveen Jamal, who met while managing the Anti-spam systems for Yahoo! Mail. In 2014, the company was acquired by Google.
The company protected more than 1.5 million sites worldwide, including Disqus, Livefyre, Pinterest, Squarespace, and Tumblr from attacks including fraudulent registrations, login and account hijacking, malicious user-generated content, and other forms of Social spam. Impermium received Venture capital financing from funds including Accel Partners, Greylock Partners, Highland Capital Partners, Morado Ventures, and the Social+Capital Partnership.
- "Impermium | CrunchBase Profile".
- "Impermium Legacy Homepage". Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Raice, Shayndi (17 November 2011). "Social Spam Start-Up Gets $8 Million In Wake of Facebook Attack". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- "Impermium Post-Acquisition Homepage". Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Spam-Fighting Startup Impermium Joins Google, Discontinues Third-Party Services". TechCrunch. Retrieved 22 April 2014.