This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (January 2012)
Russell 2000 Component
|Headquarters||Redwood Shores, CA, United States|
|Chris Hylen (CEO)|
|Products||Security Software and Services|
|Revenue||$321.7 million (2017)|
|-$13.7 million (2017)|
|$22.9 million (2017)|
|Total assets||$515.68 million (2017)|
Number of employees
|1000+ (Nov 2017)|
Imperva provides cyber security software and services to protect enterprise data and application software, ensure regulatory compliance, and improve performance and delivery. Imperva is headquartered in Redwood Shores, California.
Imperva, originally named WEBcohort, was founded in 2002 by Shlomo Kramer, Amichai Shulman and Mickey Boodaei. The following year the company shipped its first product, SecureSphere Web Application Database Protection, a web application firewall.In 2004, the company changed its name to Imperva.
In February 2017, Imperva purchased Camouflage, a data masking company. 
In August 2017, Imperva named Chris Hylen, the former CEO of Citrix GetGo, as its new president and CEO. Imperva's former CEO, Anthony Bettencourt, resigned as chairman of the board of directors in February 2018.
- "Check Point founder returns to source to fund new venture". Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- McIntosh, John (September 10, 2003). "WebCohort secures the 'Enterprise Application Sphere'". TechTarget. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Villano, Matt (February 12, 2004). "WebCohort Changes Name to Imperva". CRN. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "Imperva IPO goes high at $90M". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Archived from the original on February 9, 2014. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Lennon, Mike. "Imperva Makes Three Acquisitions, Unveils New Cloud Strategy". SecurityWeek.Com. Archived from the original on August 14, 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Anderson, Will (9 February 2017). "Austin cybersecurity software maker opens wallet for $40M buyout". Austin Business Journal.
- "BRIEF-Imperva names Christopher Hylen as president and CEO". Reuters. 10 August 2017.
- "Elliott Associates 'Restarted' Information Security Company Imperva". Calcalist. 27 February 2018.