This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: IMPV|
|Headquarters||Redwood Shores, CA, United States|
|Chris Hylen (CEO)
Amichai Shulman (CTO)
|Products||Security Software and Services|
|Revenue||$234.29 million (2015)|
|-$47.7 million (2015)|
|Total equity||$240.3 million (2015)|
Number of employees
|1000+ (June 2016)|
Imperva provides cyber security software and services to protect enterprise data and application software and to ensure regulatory compliance. Imperva is headquartered in Redwood Shores, California.
Imperva, originally named WEBcohort, was founded in 2002 by Shlomo Kramer, Amichai Shulman and Mickey Boodaei. The following year the company shipped its first product, SecureSphere Web Application Database Protection, a web application firewall. In 2004, the company changed its name to Imperva.
In 2011 Imperva went public and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: IMPV).
In 2014 the company acquired the remaining shares of Incapsula, a cloud security gateway startup named SkyFence, and real-time mainframe security auditing agents from Tomium Software.
- "Check Point founder returns to source to fund new venture". Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "WebCohort secures the 'Enterprise Application Sphere'". Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Villano, Matt. "WebCohort Changes Name to Imperva". Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "Imperva IPO goes high at $90M - Silicon Valley Business Journal". Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "Imperva Makes Three Acquisitions, Unveils New Cloud Strategy - SecurityWeek.Com". Retrieved 4 October 2016.