|Release||February 14, 2013|
|Genre(s)||Strategy, Dungeon management game|
Impire is a three-dimensional single-player and co-operative real-time strategy video game developed by Cyanide Studios and published by Paradox Interactive, and released for the PC on February 14, 2013.
Initial press reactions to Impire drew comparisons with Bullfrog Productions's Dungeon Keeper, a real-time strategy game released in 1997 that received widespread critical acclaim. Alongside Dungeon Keeper, Impire similarly grants the player command over a subterranean empire, with the ability to construct buildings, recruit monsters, and engage minions in combat.
Within the fictional universe of Impire, the player assumes the persona of Baʿal-Abaddon, a primordial evil summoned from Tartarus and imprisoned in the physical form of a demonic imp, initially forced to serve the incompetent sorcerer Oscar van Fairweather. During the course of Impire, Baal-Abaddon escapes van Fairweather's control and attempts to reconstruct his ancient, nefarious empire under the continent of Ardania.
Shortly after announcing the project on 26 July 2012, Yves Bordeleau, the Studio Director of Cyanide Montreal indicated that Impire was in 'pre-pre-alpha' during his presentation to GameSpot staff. Throughout Bordeleau's demonstration, he frequently referenced the 'scenarios' in the single-player and co-operative campaign setting of Impire, suggesting that the structure of the game is predominantly mission-based.
- Matulet Jeffrey (27 July 2012). "Game of Thrones dev announces new strategy title Impire". Eurogamer. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Impire Announced". Blues News. 27 July 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Mudgal, Kartik (28 July 2012). "Paradox announces Impire, a new strategy game". Gaming Bolt. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- Smith, Blaine (27 July 2012). "Paradox Interactive Announce New Strategy MMO, Impire". MMO Game Central. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- Booker, Logan (28 July 2012). "Impire Is A Dungeon Keeper-Inspired PC Game From Paradox And Cyanide". Kotaku. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Impire". Strategy Informer. 26 July 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- Yves Bordeleau (2012). Impire - Demo. GameSpot. Event occurs at 4:23. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
The main character needs to evolve to regain power over... well, to gain control of Ardania. Basically, he's been summoned by Oscar, and he's been reduced to that little size of an imp, and he wants to regain his power to become the Lord of Ardania. That's his motive, but right now, in that particular scenario, we want to help... help out Oscar van Fairweather, which is the one that summoned you to get the Dust of Broken Hearts, a thing specific to that scenario.
- "Impire for PC Reviews", Metacritic, retrieved 2013-10-25
- [*Official website for Paradox Interactive USA IMPIRE]
- Official website for Paradox Interactive
- Official website for Cyanide Studios
- GameSpot's on YouTube
- Paradox Plaza's on YouTube
|This article about a video game released for personal computers is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This strategy video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|