Impostora (2017 TV series)
|Created by||RJ Nuevas|
|Based on||Sa Isang Sulok ng mga Pangarap (1994 film)|
|Creative director(s)||Roy C. Iglesias|
|Narrated by||Kris Bernal as Nimfa / Rosette|
|Opening theme||"Mapagkunwari" by Rita Daniela|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||160|
|Executive producer(s)||Joseph T. Aleta|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||July 3, 2017 – February 9, 2018|
|Related shows||Impostora (2007)|
Impostora (lit. Impostor) is a 2017 Philippine television drama series broadcast by GMA Network. The series is loosely based on the 1993 film, Sa Isang Sulok ng mga Pangarap (lit. A Corner of Dreams). Directed by Albert Langitan and Aya Topacio, it stars Kris Bernal in a dual role. It premiered on July 3, 2017 on the network's Afternoon Prime line up replacing Legally Blind. The series concluded on February 9, 2018 with a total of 160 episodes. It was replaced by The Stepdaughters in its timeslot.
Nimfa was born with a disfigured face. All her life she is the object of scorn and disgust. Through her loving aunt, Denang and a few good friends, Deedee and Maxi, she remained a loving and kind person, even though the world is unkind to someone like her who is not physically attractive especially her neighbor, Crisel. But even the kindest people can only bear so much, Nimfa reached her limit and attacked Crisel. The altercation ended with Crisel falling face flat on a grill and destroying her face. Now badly wanted by cops including Crisel's brother Omar, Nimfa is on the run.
She meets Dr. Jeremy Soriano, a talented plastic surgeon. With a desire to escape her past, Nimfa agreed for plastic surgery. After a series of successful operations, Nimfa is now beautiful. No one, not even Crisel and the cops looking for her could recognize her through her new beautiful facade, as if Nimfa just vanished. Nimfa thought that finally her life will change, but her beauty comes with a price. She discovers too late that all of the help Jeremy is giving her is just an elaborate plot of Jeremy and his lover, Rosette. Jeremy copied Rosette's face and put it on her. Forced by circumstances, Nimfa became an unwilling double, an impostor, and must take the place of Rosette, while the real Rosette and Jeremy will be leaving the country and will have the time of their lives through the money they stole from Rosette's husband, Homer. Nimfa was promised a huge pay if she completes her task, so she agreed for the sake of her sick aunt who needs medication and hospitalization. Nimfa practiced and learned everything the real Rosette knows. When she is ready, the exchange took place.
Nimfa now posing as Rosette discovers what an awful person the real Rosette is. She now must pay for all the damage the real Rosette has done to all the people around her. But as days pass, Nimfa learns to love the life and the people the real Rosette never appreciated. Nimfa finally has the family that all her life she has been dreaming of. But everything must end and the real Rosette is back to claim her rightful place, but this time, Nimfa is not willing to exchange anymore as she finds herself falling in love with Homer. As Homer's family discovers the impostor's secret, they begin to accept and prefer Nimfa than the real Rosette obscurely.
When Homer divorces Rosette, the evil lady will now become the new impostor as she will wreak havoc the happy lives of the Saavedra family and seeks the affection and wealth of Home. She will do everything to destroy and take revenge to Nimfa. Nimfa will strive to protect and save her family from the evil Rosette as Rosette's schemes are endless until Betty, Leo, and Rafaela comes up in the picture to add doom to Nimfa's life.
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Kris Bernal as Nimfa del Prado-Saavedra / Rosario Margaret "Rosette" R. Cuevas
- Rafael Rosell as Homer Saavedra
- Supporting cast
- Ryan Eigenmann as Jeremy Soriano
- Assunta de Rossi as Katrina "Trina" Saavedra
- Elizabeth Oropesa as Magdalena "Denang" Del Prado
- Aicelle Santos as Deedee Castro
- Sinon Loresca as Maximo "Maxi" Cuntapay
- Vaness del Moral as Criselda "Crisel" Estanislao
- Rita Daniela as Maureen Mendoza
- James Blanco as Enrico "Eric" Espiritu
- Yuan Francisco as Junic C. Saavedra
- Dayara Shane as Celine C. Saavedra
- Jervy "Patani" Daño as Juliet
- Djanin Cruz as Nancy Pineda
- Extended cast
- Sheryl Cruz as Bettina "Betty" Romero
- Marc Abaya as Leo Corpuz
- Rob Sy as Emelito "Lito" Perez
- Sheena Halili as Rafaela "Riffy" Maniego / Rosette Cuevas
- Jade Lopez as Danica Santillan
- Recurring cast
- Leandro Baldemor as Jomari "Omar" Estanislao
- Guest cast
- Renz Fernandez as Mateo Reyes
- Aaron Yanga as Celso
- Jay Arcilla as Alvin
- Chariz Solomon as Nimfa's mother
- Jerald Napoles as Nimfa's father
- Nanette Inventor as Remedios
- Ranty Portento as an sales agent
- Dex Quindoza as David
- Jaycee Parker as Esther
- Sophie Albert as Leticia
- Frank Garcia as Dante Cuevas
Due to high ratings, the show was given an extension up to February 9, 2018.
According to AGB Nielsen Philippines' Nationwide Urban Television Audience Measurement People in television homes, the pilot episode of Impostora earned a 5.3% rating. While the final episode scored a 7.4% rating. The series had its highest rating on July 28, 2017 with an 8.8% rating.
|2017||7th OFW Gawad Parangal||Best Actress||Kris Bernal||Won|||
|31st PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Daytime Drama Series||Impostora||Nominated|||
|Best Drama Actress||Kris Bernal||Nominated|
|Ecuador||Oromar Televisión||La Impostora||June 2018|||
- "Robin hinihintay tularan si Angel". Philippine Star. June 14, 2017.
- "Kris Bernal shelves network-transfer plans; sticks to Kapuso network". PEP. January 15, 2017.
- "Impostora - A million stories for a billion people - HOOQ". Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- Anarcon, James Patrick (September 14, 2017). "Impostora extended until 2018; director says: "Hindi Impostora lang ang tinutulungan namin kundi buong network."". Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- "July 03 (Mon) TV Ratings / AGB Nielsen / NUTAM People in TV Homes (Afternoon)". Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- "How did Impostora final episode in AGB ratings?". Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- "July 28 (Fri) TV Ratings / AGB Nielsen / NUTAM People in TV Homes (Afternoon)". Retrieved July 28, 2017.
- Soriano, Gia Allana. "IN PHOTOS: Kapuso winners at the 31st PMPC Star Awards for Television". Retrieved November 16, 2017.
- "La Impostora - Oromar televisión". Oromar televisión (in Spanish). June 12, 2018. Retrieved July 22, 2018.