Imran Khan (singer)
28 May 1984
The Hague, Netherlands
Khan was signed to Prestige Records in late 2007, and released the single "Ni Nachleh" on the label. His second single, "Amplifier" was released on 13 July 2009. It received two million views on YouTube in one week and as of July 2015 has received approximately 47 million hits. A few months later, on 30 November 2009, Prestige Records published the track 'Bewafa'.
In July 2009, Khan's first album, Unforgettable, was released. It was produced by Eren E and Hakan Ozan.
Imran Khan is on the way to release his second album in summer 2016, whose first single "Imaginary" was released on 8 June 2015.
Early life and Initial Stages
Imran Khan was born 28 May 1984 in The Hague, Netherlands. His parents came from Gujranwala,Punjab in Pakistan and settled in The Hague, Netherlands in the early 1970s. Khan's love for music was evident from a very early age.
He started his career in his early teenage years. In 2005 Khan met up with an old friend called Shahid Mazhar who is based in United Kingdom. It was here when Khan showed his abilities to Shahid. Shahid was impressed with what he had heard and decided to take Imran to Pakistan.
Later that year Shahid took Imran to Lahore in Pakistan to give his music a kick start and to complete his first album working with the biggest and most popular music production teams in Pakistan. After working day and night in the studio for almost 2 months a 8 track album was mastered. However, after hearing the final product Khan was not impressed with the album. He thought the album was too traditional for his sound and decided not to go ahead with this. Shahid agreed with Imran's thoughts and ideas and eventually decided that this album would not be released. Imran khan then later moved on and released his song Ni nachle.
Khan started his career in his late teens. His friend Shahid Mazhar founded Prestige Records, which released Khan's debut single "Ni Nachleh". Khan had started performing in several countries in the later part of 2007.
Khan’s first released single, "Amplifier", was produced by Eren E and was released on 12 July 2009. His second single, "Bewafa," was produced by Hakan Ozan and was released on 30 November 2009 and the music video of Bewafa, as of July 2015 has approximately 9 million hits on YouTube. .
In July 2009, Khan released his debut album, Unforgettable. It includes the singles "Amplifier", "Bewafa" and a remix of his first single "Ni Nachleh". It was nominated for Best Album in the 2010 UK Asian Music Awards but did not win. "Amplifier" was nominated for best video, with Khan himself nominated for best male act and best desi act. In 2011, Khan announced his departure from Prestige Records to start his own label which was later known as IK Records.
Khan released the single 'Satisfya' on 9 May 2013. 'Satisfya' got 801,160 views on YouTube in 3 days. This single, unlike his previous singles, was released from IK Records. The single is produced by his "Amplifier" music producer Eren E. The music video shows Khan driving a yellow Lamborghini Aventador and sitting with a cheetah. Khan's Satisfya video which was directed by David Zennie was the Best Mainstream Video of the 2013. As of July 2015 the video of "Satisfya" has garnered 27 Million views  on YouTube and counting.
Imran Khan also made his Bollywood debut as a singer with the Hindi film "Tevar" which was released on 9 January 2015. Khan's debut single in Bollywood called 'Lets Celebrate', The video for which was released on YouTube on 9 December 2014 has had 2 Million hits  as of July 2015.
Imran Khan released his brand new single 'Imaginary' on 8 June 2015 from his upcoming second album . The single is produced by his "Amplifier" and "Satisfya" producer Eren E. The single released from his own record label 'IK Records'. Khan shot the exclusive video with David Zennie in Downtown - Los Angeles. Like most of his music videos, Imran Khan showed his love for animals, hence in Imaginary he has a monkey featuring in the video along with him. Imaginary has hit the 6 million views mark on the official music video on YouTube within a month of its release
Unforgettable is Khan's debut album, released on 27 July 2009, via Prestige Records. It was produced by Eren E and Hakan Ozan. The album has a total of 15 tracks.
The lead single from Unforgettable is "Amplifier", produced by Eren E, which was third in "Top 10 Most Viewed Desi Hip Hop Videos" as rated by DesiHipHop.com the second lead single is "Bewafa", produced by Hakan Ozan. The single "Satisfya" was first in the chart of "Top 10 Mainstream Music Videos of the Year" and reached no. 14 in the UK Pop chart. The song was produced by Eren E. On 8 June 2015, he released a new single "Imaginary" produced by Eren E.
Track list (UNFORGETTABLE)
|2.||"Aaja We Mahiya (Come, My Love)"||Eren E||3:52|
|3.||"Hey Girl"||Eren E||3:18|
|4.||"Peli Waar (The First Time)"||Eren E||3:10|
|5.||"Chak Glass (Grab a Glass)"||Eren E||3:08|
|6.||"Nazar (Glance)"||Eren E||3:05|
|8.||"Gora Gora Rang (Fair Skinned)" (featuring Mr. Probz)||Eren E||4:25|
|9.||"Bounce Billo"||Eren E||4:07|
|10.||"Ni Nachleh (Hey, Dance)" (feat. MC Spyder)||Eren E||3:35|
|11.||"40 Pra (Forty Brothers)"||Eren E||3:12|
|12.||"Pata Chalgea (I Have Found Out)"||Eren E||4:45|
|13.||"Bewafa (Unfaithful)"||Hakan Ozan||3:44|
|14.||"Nai Reina (Don't Want to Stay)"||Hakan Ozan||3:04|
|15.||"Qott Ghusian Da (A Sip of Happiness)" (feat. Shabby)||Hakan Ozan||2:58|
Awards and nominations
- Won "Best Album" at the 2010 Brit Asia TV Music Awards for Unforgettable
- Nominated for four awards at the 2010 UK Asian Music Awards, "Best Album", "Best Video" for "Amplifier", "Best Male Act" and "Best Desi Act" winning "Best Desi Act"
- Won "Male Musical Artist of the Year" at the 2010 Anokhi Magazine Awards
- Won "Young Person of the Year at Successful " at the 2013 at Pakistan Achievement Awards
- Imran Khan - First world tour was "the Canadian tour" in 2009 and "bounce billo Canadian tour" in 2010.
- Imran Khan – Takeover Tour USA (2011)
- Imran Khan – Australia & New Zealand Tour (2011)
- Imran Khan – Pakistan Tour (2010)
- Imran Khan - Taste of Asia Birmingham Alabama Show (15 March 2014)
- Imran Khan – USA Tour (2015)
- List of Dutch musicians
- List of hip-hop musicians
- List of R&B musicians
- List of reggae musicians
- List of singer-songwriters
- Music of the Netherlands
- "Talking Shop: Singer Imran Khan". BBC News. 29 August 2009. Retrieved 18 August 2009..
- "About Imrankhanworld B.V.". imrankhanworld.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "About Us". prestigerecord.com. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "Interview with Imran Khan". desi-box.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Worldwide premiere of Imran Khan's Amplifier". desi-box.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Imran Khan releases new single Bewafa". DesiHits. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Review of Imran Khan's Unforgettable". BBC Music. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "AMA 2010 – Winners". BBC Radio Asian Network. Retrieved 29 May 2011.
- Biography, Khan's official website
- "Album Review: Imran Khan's "Unforgettable"". DesiHits. 27 July 2009. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- Sembhi, Jas (3 February 2010). "2010 UK Asian Music Awards Nominees". desiblitz.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- Jas Sembhi (3 May 2010). "Brit Asia TV Music Awards 2010". desiblitz.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- Sembhi, Jas (11 March 2010). "2010 UK Asian Music Awards Winners". desiblitz.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Anokhi Magazine Awards 2010". DesiHits. 8 February 2010. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "DesiClub presents Online Ticketing for TAKEOVER Tour USA (2011)". Desiclub.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Imran Khan to Headline the inaugural of Unforgettable Music Festival (2011)". Unforgettablemusicfestival.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.