Background and career
Born in Budapest, Salusinszky was educated at Melbourne High School, the University of Melbourne, and the University of Oxford. He lectured at Yale University and at the University of Melbourne, prior to taking up tenure as an associate professor in the English Department at the University of Newcastle. He started writing for The Australian Financial Review in 1994, and featured for several years on the Coodabeen Champions, on ABC Radio, as well as on Life Matters.
He was an editorial advisor for Quadrant, a conservative literary and cultural journal, and a well respected political reporter and columnist for The Australian, a conservative newspaper. In 2006, he was appointed Chairman of the Literature Board of the Australia Council for a three-year term, amid criticism of right-wing political bias from former Australia Council Chair, Hilary McPhee. He was known around the Sydney establishment for spruiking $99 dinner suits from discount brand Lowes.
- Salusinszky, Imre (1987). Criticism in society : interviews with Jacques Derrida, Northrop Frye, Harold Bloom, Geoffrey Hartman, Frank Kermode, Edward Said, Barbara Johnson, Frank Lentricchia and J. Hillis Miller. London: Methuen.
- Gerald Murnane, Oxford University Press, 1993, p. 109, ISBN 0-19-553422-0
- Davies, J. M. Q., ed. (1994), "Deconstruction in the Classroom: Jane Austen's Persuasion", Bridging the gap: literary theory in the classroom, Locust Hill Press, ISBN 0-933951-60-4
- Salusinszky, Imre (Oct 1995). "Thomas Keneally : my part in his downfall". Quadrant. 39 (10): 23–26.
- "Visionary Frye", Canadian Review of Comparative Literature/Revue Canadienne de Littérature Comparée, vol. 23 no. 2, June 1996, pp. 590–593, ISSN 0319-051X
- (editor) (1999) , The Oxford book of Australian essays, Oxford University Press, p. 295, ISBN 0-19-553739-4
- co-authored with Boyd, David (c. 1999), Rereading Frye: the published and unpublished works, University of Toronto Press, p. 163, ISBN 0-8020-4252-X
- Womack, Kenneth; et al., eds. (2002), "Northrop Frye (1912-1991)", The Continuum encyclopedia of modern criticism and theory, Continuum, ISBN 0-8264-1414-1
- co-edited with Melleuish, Gregory (2002), Blaming ourselves: September 11 and the agony of the left, Duffy & Snellgrove, p. 265, ISBN 1-876631-37-6
- (editor) (c. 2005), Northrop Frye's writings on the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, University of Toronto Press, p. 415, ISBN 0-8020-3824-7
- Donaldson, Jeffery; Mendelson, Alan, eds. (2004), "In the Climates of the Mind': Frye's Career as a Spiral Curriculum", Frye and the word: religious contexts in the writings of Northrop Frye, University of Toronto Press, pp. 43–58, ISBN 0-8020-8813-9
- co-reviewed with Melleuish, Gregory (June–July 2008), "Battle of September 11 by John Carroll (2002). "September 11 and the Agony of the Left"", Australian Book Review, no. 242, pp. 15–16, ISSN 0155-2864
- "Salusinszky, Imre". AustLit Database. Retrieved 17 March 2007.
- http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/rendezvous-with-the-grinning-cheapskate/story-e6frg76x-1226311690513. Retrieved 27 April 2015. Missing or empty
- "The Continuing Crisis". ABC Radio National. Australia. 6 October 2000. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- "Council Members". About us. Australia Council. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Ziffer, Daniel; Steger, Jason; Grattan, Michelle (17 June 2006). "Arts body postings under fire". The Age. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Chris Berg, The Libertarian Alternative, Melbourne UP, Carlton, 2016, p. 69.