|Born||7 December 1940|
|Occupation||Author, spiritual teacher|
|Notable awards||Ashton Wylie Charitable Trust Book Award |
2008 Heavens and Hells of the Mind – Author
Gold Medal Living Now Book Awards
2009 Heavens and Hells of the Mind – Author
Imre George Vallyon (born 7 December 1940) is a New Zealand writer in the body, mind and spirit field.
Vallyon is the founder of the Foundation for Higher Learning, an international spiritual school formed to help provide people with the opportunity to practise spiritual work within a group environment, with schools in New Zealand, Australia, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Hungary, Canada and the United States. He is also the director of Sounding-Light Publishing, which was founded in 2006. Vallyon retired in late 2017.
Vallyon was born in Budapest, Hungary, and was raised by his parents among extreme poverty and suffering. At the time, Europe was just recovering from World War II, and he was surrounded by that devastation.
Vallyon had his first mystical experience at the age of three. It was very dark outside, and he describes the memory as suddenly going "out of my body and into a very profound state of cosmic realization...the whole universe was vibrating like a heavenly choir."
In the midst of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution, Vallyon made the dangerous choice to leave the country; crossing the border at the time usually meant imprisonment or death. At the age of sixteen, he emigrated to New Zealand as a refugee.
After immersing himself in several spiritual movements, Vallyon founded the Foundation for Higher Learning, where he teaches the Spiritual Principles and the Divine Laws of Life to Humanity. His methods stem from different forms of eastern and western spirituality. His teaching is universal, not biased towards any particular religion or tradition, yet embraces all traditions and points beyond them all to the One Truth, One Life, One Reality.
In 2008, Vallyon published his most notable book collection so far, Heavens and Hells of the Mind. This four-book set received praise from various critics, who called the books "fascinating" and Vallyon a "visionary".
Additionally in 2008, Vallyon won a major literature prize at the annual nationwide Ashton Wylie Charitable Trust Unpublished Manuscript and Book Awards. These awards recognize excellence in the mind, body, and spirit genres of writing. The judges were highly impressed with Vallyon’s work on his book Heavens and Hells of the Mind, calling it "a remarkable and exhaustive work on human consciousness and the wisdom of the ages."
Since 1980, Vallyon has taught the Ageless Wisdom through his writings, workshops, and retreats conducted around the world. Since 2008, Vallyon was invited and has been a member of the New Zealand Society of Authors.
In 1998, Vallyon was tried and convicted in New Zealand by Judge R.P. Wolff for sexually molesting a child. Vallyon was convicted of four representative counts of indecent assault and one count of sexually violating the girl. He was sentenced to three years imprisonment. On 26 February 2017 The Sunday Star Times, a subsidiary of Fairfax Media, released an investigative report exposing Vallyon's crimes.[better source needed]
In December 2017, after 30 years of teaching at retreats, Vallyon retired at the age of 77.
- "Heavens and Hells of the Mind", 2009 Gold Medal in the Enlightenment/Spirituality Category of the Living Now Book Awards
- "Heavens and Hells of the Mind", 2008 Ashton Wylie Charitable Trust Book Award
|1990||The Magical Mind||9780909038-11-3||English|
|2005||The Divine Plan||9780909038-53-3||English|
|2005||The Sedona Talks||9780909038-54-0||English|
|2005||Heart to Heart Talks||9780909038-55-7||English|
|2007||The Art of Meditation||9780909038-56-4||English|
|2008||Heavens and Hells of the Mind (Four volume boxed set)||9780909038-30-4||English|
|2008||Heavens and Hells of the Mind (Volume 1: Knowledge)||9780909038-31-1||English|
|2008||Heavens and Hells of the Mind (Volume 2: Tradition)||9780909038-32-8||English|
|2008||Heavens and Hells of the Mind (Volume 3: Transformation)||9780909038-33-5||English|
|2008||Heavens and Hells of the Mind (Volume 4: Lexicon)||9780909038-34-2||English|
|2009||A Spirituális Harcos||9780909038-57-1||Hungarian|
|2009||Le Chemin du Guerrier Spirituel||9780909038-58-8||French|
|2010||Les Conférences de Sedona||9780909038-59-5||French|
|2010||l'Art de la Méditation||9780909038-60-1||French|
|2010||Felkészülés az Új Korra||9780909038-62-5||Hungarian|
|2011||De Kunst van Meditatie||9780909038-63-2||Netherlands|
|2011||The Warrior Code||9780909038-64-9||English|
|2012||The New Planetary Reality||9780909038-65-6||English|
|2012||De Code van de Krijger||9780909038-66-3||Netherlands|
|2014||The New Heaven & the New Earth||9780909038687||English|
|2014||Il Camino Del Guerriero Spirituale||9780909038670||Italian|
|2015||The Journey Within||9780909038-70-0||English|
|2016||The Way of the Spiritual Warrior||9780909038-49-6||English|
|2012||The Mystery of Death||9780909038-92-2||English|
|2012||Know Your Own Mind||9780909038-94-6||English|
|2012||Peace of Mind in a Troubled World||9780909038-89-2||English|
|2012||The Coming Avatara||9780909038-93-9||English|
|2012||Love and Wisdom||9780909038-98-4||English|
|2013||The New Planetary Reality||9780909038-88-5||English|
|2013||The Sedona Talks||9780909038-85-4||English|
|2013||The Art of Meditation||9780909038-86-1||English|
|2013||The Warrior Code||9780909038-87-8||English|
|2014||Living The Spiritual Life Today||9780909038-99-1||English|
|2014||What You Need For The Journey You Already Have Within You||9780909038-21-2||English|
|2014||Finding True Happiness||9780909038-20-5||English|
|2014||The New Heaven and the New Earth||9780909038-84-7||English|
|2014||¿Por Qué Meditar?||9780909038-18-2||Spanish|
|2015||The Divine Plan And The Destiny Of Mankind||9780909038-83-0||English|
|2015||God The Mother||9780909038-24-3||English|
|2015||Enseignements De Cœur À Cœur||9780909038-48-9||French|
|2016||The Way of the Spiritual Warrior||9780909038-17-5||English|
|2006||Chants of Illumination 1: Sanskrit Mantras to the Light||9780909038-73-1|
|2007||Chants of Illumination 2: Sanskrit Mantras to the Divine Mother||9780909038-74-8|
|2010||Chants of Illumination 3: Sanskrit Mantras to the Heart||9780909038-75-5|
- Vallyon, Imre. "Country Events - The FHL Org". The FHL Org. The FHL Org.
- Publishing, Sounding-Light. "Imre Vallyon - Sounding-Light Publishing". Sounding-Light Publishing.
- Vallyon, Imre. "Imre Vallyon". Imre Vallyon. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- Vallyon, Imre (2 December 2008). "Red Rose". YouTube. Sounding Light. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- Higher Learning, The Foundation for. "Imre Vallyon - The Founder - The FHL Org". The FHL Org. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- Broatch, Mark. "Selling New Zealand in Frankfurt – Academy of New Zealand Literature". Academy of New Zealand Literature. Bookswarm.
- Vallyon, June. ""The Coming New Heaven and New Earth" by Imre Vallyon". Tauranga Theosophical Society Branch. Weebly. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- Net, Horror News. "Book Review: Planetary Transformation - Author Imre Vallyon". horrornews.net. HNN.
- "Nth Shore Writer Rewarded for Literary Excellence". Scoop Independent News. 25 August 2008. Retrieved 25 December 2008.
- Editor, The Big Idea (26 August 2008). "Heavens and Hells of the Mind wins book award". The Big Idea. Te Aria Nui Charitable Trust 2015. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- Authors, New Zealand Society of. "Imre Vallyon | New Zealand Society of Authors & Writers Association – NZ Society of Authors". authors.org.nz. NZSA.
- "Foundation of Higher Learning 'guru' Imre Vallyon's followers kept in the dark about his past". Stuff. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Living Now Book Awards". Retrieved 20 June 2009.