Ayala Sender in February 2014
|Member of the European Parliament|
|Born||Inés Ayala Sender
28 March 1957
|Political party|| Spain:
Spanish Socialist Workers' Party
Party of European Socialists
Inés Ayala Sender (born 28 March 1957 in Zaragoza) is a Spanish politician and Member of the European Parliament (MEP) for the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party, which is affiliated to the Party of European Socialists. She was first elected to the European Parliament in 2004, and was re-elected in 2009 and 2014.
Ayala Sender was served as national expert in the Directorate-General for the Environment of the European Commission from 1995 to 1997. Between 1997 and 2004, she worked as policy adviser to the PES Group for various committees and delegations of the European Parliament, including the Committee on Transport and Tourism.
Member of the European Parliament, 2004–present
Ayala Sender has been a Member of the European Parliament since the 2004 European elections. She has since been serving on the Committee on Budgetary Control and on the Committee on Transport and Tourism. On the Committee on Budgetary Control, she is the coordinator of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats. In 2007, she joined the parliament’s delegation for relations with the countries of Central America. Between 2005 and 2009, she was a member of the Committee on Petitions.
On the Committee on Budgetary Control, Ayala Sender has been serving as her parliamentary group’s coordinator since 2014.
In addition to her committee assignments, Ayala Sender is a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime).
- European Transport Safety Council, Observer
- Globe EU, Member
- Rail Forum Europe, Member
- Smart Move High Level Group (HLG), Member
- Ines Ayala Sender en la página del perfil MiCandidate
- El Periodico de Aragon 19 January 2009 accessed 16 March 2009
- Political groups select committee co-ordinators European Voice, July 8, 2014.
- Members of the European Parliament on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime) European Parliament.
- http://www.globe-eu.org/globe-eu-in-the-european-parliament/trades/71062-2/. Retrieved 28 September 2016. Missing or empty
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|