Ayala Sender in February 2014
|Member of the European Parliament|
2004 – 2019
Inés Ayala Sender
28 March 1957
|Political party|| Spain:|
Spanish Socialist Workers' Party
Party of European Socialists
Inés Ayala Sender (born 28 March 1957 in Zaragoza) is a Spanish politician who served as a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from 2004 until 2019 for the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party, which is affiliated to the Party of European Socialists. She was first elected to the European Parliament in 2004, and was re-elected in 2009 and 2014.
Ayala Sender served as national expert in the Directorate-General for the Environment of the European Commission from 1995 to 1997. Between 1997 and 2004, she worked as policy adviser to the PES Group for various committees and delegations of the European Parliament, including the Committee on Transport and Tourism.
Member of the European Parliament, 2004–2019
Ayala Sender first became a Member of the European Parliament in the 2004 European elections. Throughout her time in parliament, she served on the Committee on Budgetary Control and on the Committee on Transport and Tourism. On the Committee on Budgetary Control, she was the coordinator of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats. In 2007, she joined the parliament’s delegation for relations with the countries of Central America. Between 2005 and 2009, she was a member of the Committee on Petitions.
On the Committee on Budgetary Control, Ayala Sender served as her parliamentary group’s coordinator from 2014 until 2019. She was also a member of the Democracy Support and Election Coordination Group (DEG), which oversees the Parliament’s election observation missions.
In addition to her committee assignments, Ayala Sender was a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime).
- European Transport Safety Council, Observer
- Globe EU, Member
- Rail Forum Europe, Member
- Smart Move High Level Group (HLG), Member
- Ines Ayala Sender en la página del perfil MiCandidate
- El Periodico de Aragon 19 January 2009 accessed 16 March 2009 Archived 18 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Political groups select committee co-ordinators European Voice, July 8, 2014.
- Members of the Democracy Support and Election Coordination Group (DEG) European Parliament
- Maïa de La Baume (July 4, 2017), Push to crack down on rogue European Parliament missions Politico Europe.
- Members of the European Parliament on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime) European Parliament.
- http://www.globe-eu.org/globe-eu-in-the-european-parliament/trades/71062-2/. Retrieved 28 September 2016. Missing or empty