This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nice Systems building in Raanana, Israel
|Traded as||TASE: NICE |
|David Kostman (Chairman), Barak Eilam (President & CEO)|
|Revenue||$1.015 billion (2016)|
|$134.2 million (2016)|
|$116.9 million (2016)|
Number of employees
NICE Public Safety
NICE Ltd. (Hebrew: נייס) is a publicly-traded Israeli enterprise software company. It is one of the largest technology organizations in Israel. NICE develops both cloud and on-premises software based on advanced analytics. The company's software is used for customer experience, regulatory compliance and financial crime prevention. NICE has customers in more than 150 countries, including the majority of Fortune 100 companies.
NICE Ltd. was created in 1986 as New Intel Computer Engineering, and sought to commercialize telephone voice recording hardware that its founders had developed for the Israeli Defense Forces. In 1989, the company formed a partnership with Tekelec, a United States-based telecommunications company to create a tool that analyzed conversation over a Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI). In 1991, it underwent an IPO on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. The company's previous partnership with Tekelec led to the creation of NiceCom, which was spun off as a new company by 1993, and sold to 3Com in 1994.
In 1996, the company underwent an IPO on the NASDAQ stock exchange. It entered distribution partnerships with Lucent and Siemens in 1997. That same year, NICE made the first of several acquisitions during the late 1990s.
In 2003, NICE formed a partnership with Motorola, in which it supplied digital recording solutions for Motorola systems users in a number of sectors. That same year, the company exited the defense market when it divested its COMINT system as well as other military-specific operations. By 2004, the company had developed NICE Perform, a contact center interactions management and analytics application, and shifted from a hardware developer to a software company. It had more than US$350 million in bookings by 2005.
The company purchased the Israeli real-time software company, eglue in June 2010. followed by a purchase of its local competitor Composia in August 2011, It was the company's fifth acquisition of an Israeli company after Actimize, Fortinet Systems, Hexagon System Engineering Ltd. and Orsus Ltd. In 2011, NICE acquired Fizzback, a United Kingdom based customer interaction company. In February 2011, NICE acquired Cybertech International, a Dutch Global Provider of Compliance Recording Solutions and Value-Added Applications, for approximately $60 million.
In April 2014, Barak Eilam became the company's CEO after 15 years with the company's data and telephone voice recording division. The company's stock increased by 49% within 16 months since that time for a valuation of USD$1.3 billion. NICE sold its cyber and intelligence division to Cyberbit LTD, a subsidiary of Elbit Systems, for $157.9 million, and its physical security business unit to Battery Ventures, a technology investment firm, for $100 million in August 2015. In 2015, the company was named to Fast Company's "10 Most Innovative Companies" in the banking and money category.
Nexidia, an analytics firm, was acquired in January 2016 for $135 million. NICE acquired inContact, a United States-based contact center as a service (CCaaS) vendor, for approximately $940 million in May 2016. Also in 2016, the company changed its name from NICE Systems Ltd. to NICE Ltd.
In 2017, an unprotected Amazon S3 storage device, accessed by an employee of NICE Systems, was breached causing “As many as 14 million records”, from Verizon-Wireless, to be compromised.
NICE Systems acquired Satmetrix in July 2017.
Actimize Inc. is a financial fraud monitor that protects organizations from financial crime and advises on risk management. It has been recognized as the "Best AML Solution" by Waters magazine.
NICE Customer Engagement Management is a business portfolio software division, which uses advanced analytics to create an omnichannel view for recording, workforce management, robotic process automation, voice of the customer and voice biometrics. It has been recognized as a Leader for Customer Engagement Center Workforce Optimization by Gartner.
NICE inContact is a customer service platform that uses workforce optimization and analytics for business organizations. It features a customer experience in the cloud product known as CXone, which combines inContact's cloud capabilities with workforce optimization software. Gartner's Magic Quadrant has recognized NICE inContact as a Leader for Contact Center as a Service since 2015.
NICE Public Safety is a digital evidence and incident information manager for emergency communications. It records and analyzes these communications for investigations and quality assurance. Frost & Sullivan recognized NICE Public Safety as the 2016 North American 911 Recording and Quality Management Company of the Year.
- "NICE Ltd. (NICE)". Yahoo! Finance. 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "NICE SYSTEMS LTD (NICE:Tel Aviv)". The Wall Street Journal . 2 June 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Uri Tomer (19 May 2016). "Israel's Nice Systems to acquire inContact of the U.S. in $940 million takeover". Haaretz.
- "NICE Systems: Proffering Solutions that Capture Big Data to Furnish Actionable Insights". CIO Review Magazine.
- "Pared Down to Its Core Business, Israel's Nice Systems Has Gotten Nicer". Haaretz. 12 April 2016. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "NICE Systems Ltd". Encyclopedia.com.
- Drew Robb (12 September 2005). "Nice Systems' Nice Perform Voice Analyzer Picks Up Clues". Computer World.
- "Actimize acquisition is a good fit for Nice Systems". Gartner. 9 July 2007. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "Nice Systems Buys eglue for $29M". The Jerusalem Post.
- "Yair Goldfinger selling Composia". ynet news.
- "Nice Systems Buys eglue for $29m". The Jerusalem Post.
- "NICE Systems Acquires Fizzback For Approximately $80 Million". TechCrunch.
- "NICE to Acquire CyberTech International".
- Scheer, Steven (February 4, 2014). "Nice Systems names Americas chief Barak Eilam as CEO". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "NICE sold 2 business units for $258 Million". Tech Time.
- "Elbit Systems to Acquire Nice Systems' Cyber Division for $158M". Security Sales & Integration.
- "Elbit Systems will pay up to $158 million for the division, which will be merged into its Cyberbit subsidiary". Globes.
- "Elbit Systems Completes the Acquisition of NICE's Cyber and Intelligence Division". Israel Defense.
- "Nice Systems". Fast Company.
- "Nice Systems to buy analytics firm Nexidia for $135 million in cash". Reuters. 11 January 2016.
- "Here's why software maker Nice Systems made this acquisition". Reuters. 18 May 2016.
- "NICE Systems LTD. to change company name to NICE LTD". NICE. 21 June 2016. Missing or empty
- Verizon partner data breach exposes millions of customer records
- "Verizon confirms customer data hacked". The Gazette. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Massive Verizon data breach exposes up to 14 million accounts". Mashable. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Verizon data breach: 14 million customers reportedly exposed". foxnews.com. 12 July 2017. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- "NICE Actimize launches cross-asset cloud markets solutions". FinanceFeeds. 19 March 2016.
- "Best financial crime product: NICE Actimize". Risk.net. 23 June 2017.
- "NICE Actimize Voted Best Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Solution Provider in 2017". BusinessWire. 26 July 2017.
- "NICE Positioned as a Leader by Gartner in the Magic Quadrant for Customer Engagement Center Workforce Optimization". PR Newswire. 9 December 2015.
- Sam Del Rowe (31 July 2017). "NICE Launches NICE inContact CXone". smartcustomerservice.com.
- "CogniCor, NICE inContact CXone join to assist on CXexchange marketplace". Business Standard. 28 August 2017.
- "For Third Consecutive Year, NICE inContact Again Recognized as a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America". Business Wire. 23 October 2017.
- Geoff Kohl (30 November 2009). "What the Orsus Acquisition Means for Nice". securityinfowatch.com.
- Glenn Bischoff (22 June 2011). "Nice Systems Targets Situational-awareness Solution to Public Safety". Urgent Communications.
- "Frost & Sullivan's Prestigious Best Practices Awards Bestowed to Today's Industry Leaders". PR Newswire. 13 September 2016.