Headquarters in Tigard, Oregon
|Mark Housley, CEO
Raymond Yu, President
Jim Reddy, Vice President Americas Sales
|Products||DLP projectors, LCD projectors, large-format touch PCs and displays, video phones, video calling services, LED televisions tablets, software, smartphones|
Number of employees
|220 worldwide (2015)|
|Footnotes / references
InFocus Corporation is a privately owned company based in the state of Oregon. Founded in 1986, the company develops, manufactures, and distributes DLP and LCD projectors and accessories as well as large-format touch displays, software, LED televisions, tablets and smartphones. InFocus also offers video calling services. Formerly a NASDAQ listed public company, InFocus was purchased by Image Holdings Corp., owned by John Hui, in 2009 and is now a wholly owned subsidiary headquartered in Tigard, Oregon.
InFocus was formed by Steve Hix and Paul Gulick in 1986. With Planar Systems and Clarity Visual Systems, it is one of three companies in the computer display industry started by people who formerly worked for Tektronix. The company moved into a new headquarters building in Wilsonville, Oregon, in 2002. At that time the company employed 1,200 people.
In mid-2005 InFocus acquired the company TUN (The University Network), which provided digital media and thin screen television advertising to colleges, and then sold it in late 2006 to Submedia LLC. The company later became a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ exchange as INFS. On May 28, 2009, InFocus was taken private by Image Holdings Corporation and John Hui in a transaction valued at $39 million. In October 2009, they announced plans to move to Tigard, Oregon in December 2009 as their old headquarters were too big for the much smaller new company. The company was down to 110 employees at the time of the move, with just over half at the headquarters. As of 2012, the company had further shrunk to 90 employees and revenues of about $150 million. As of 2014, the company employed 120 people and is one of Oregon's 25 largest homegrown technology companies. In September 2015 InFocus named long-time board member, Mark Housely CEO. In October 2015 InFocus acquired Hayward, California-based video wall and collaboration solutions provider Jupiter Systems.
InFocus produces DLP and LCD projectors and LCD flat panel touchscreens for business users, educators, government entities, ProAV customers, mobile professionals and home theater enthusiasts. One touchscreen product is the Mondopad that is targeted at business and education customers. The Mondopad is a large-format high definition touchscreen PC with software for presenting, whiteboarding and videoconferencing. Other products include: BigTouch large-format touch PC, JTouch large-format touch display, MVP100 Video Phone, Q Tablet, and numerous accessories and peripherals. The company also produces software for digital annotation and video calling.
The company provides point-to-point and multi-endpoint video calling services as well called 121 Video Calling and ConX Video Meeting, respectively.
InFocus owns and operates the ASK Proxima brand, and in the past sold products under the names ASK, Proxima, and InFocus ScreenPlay.
In 2013, InFocus began offering budget high-specification smartphones, tablets and LED televisions in China, Taiwan and other East Asian markets in partnership with FIH Mobile Ltd. (富智康) and Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. (鴻海精密). The company announced its official entry into the Indian market in July 2015 at a press conference in New Delhi, followed by an expansion into key Middle Eastern, North African and South Asian emerging markets. The current range of InFocus smartphones includes the metallic unibody M812 and M808 models, the InFocus M550-3D with 3D image capture & naked eye 3D display technology, and the entry-level M370. In 2016, Infocus launched several budget end smartphones, tablets and low-end to high-end LED televisions in India.    
- "InFocus: Information from Answers.com". Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- Peterson, Nick (October 29, 2009). "InFocus moves headquarters from Wilsonville to Tigard". The Times. Tigard, Oregon. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "InFocus Announces Sales of The University Network" (Press release). InFocus. December 4, 2006. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- Rogoway, Mike (April 13, 2009). "Oregon's InFocus finds a buyer who will take it private". The Oregonian. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "InFocus To Be Taken Private By Oregon Company". HomeTheaterReview.com. 2009-04-13. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- Rogoway, Mike (October 22, 2009). "InFocus will leave Wilsonville for Tigard". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Rogoway, Mike (May 5, 2012). "InFocus goes big in search of a reboot". The Oregonian. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- "Silicon Forest 25: Regional tech finally getting younger, larger (infographic)". OregonLive.com.
- http://www.inavateonthenet.net/article/105692/Housley-spearheads-InFocus-expansion-plans.aspx. Missing or empty
- http://www.commercialintegrator.com/article/infocus_jupiter_aim_to_create_collaboration_superpower. Missing or empty
- Dana Wollman. "InFocus' BigTouch is a 55-inch all-in-one built for conference spaces, classrooms with large desks". Engadget. AOL.
- "LCD Turns PC into Giant Touchscreen". techlearning.com.
- "rAVe Scoop: InFocus Shows Video Phone at InfoComm". rAVe [Publications].
- "Which Oregon company now has a tablet? Hint: It's a big-picture item". Portland Business Journal. 21 May 2014.
- Commercial Integrator. "InFocus BigNote Whiteboard Software for PCs Complements Displays & Touchscreens". commercialintegrator.com.
- "Projector company gets into cloud videoconferencing". IT World Canada.
- "FIH Mobile making phones for InFocus". taipeitimes.com.
- "InFocus launches 3D-ready M550 smartphone, tablets, LED TVs in India". India Today.
- "The U.S. Tech Giant, InFocus launches in the EMEA region, exclusively on Souq.com". Zawya.
- "InFocus 50-inch LED TV review". indianexpress.com.
- "InFocus Bing 50 review". Gadgets.ndtv.com.
- "Infocus Bingo 10 launched, priced at Rs 4,299". Previewtech.net.
- "Infocus Bingo 21 Review.". Ndtv.com.
- InFocus Website Germany
- InFocus User Manuals - user manuals for InFocus devices
- InFocus Phones
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to InFocus.|