Privatelocation = Atlanta, GA
|Industry||Lodging, extended stay|
Rates and services
Currently, weekly rates range from $159 to $399, depending on market and seasonality. Rooms are typically sold by the week or longer, but 54 locations also sell nightly rooms. The product offering falls between a traditional hotel and an apartment, with an average length of stay approaching 16 weeks.
The company owns and operates all of its locations, rather than franchising them.
Intown Suites was founded in 1988 by David Vickers. During two decades of existence, Intown Suites has proved to be a very successful business, and is currently one of the fastest growing extended-stay chains. In June 2013, the company was purchased by Starwood Capital Group. 
In 1998, Intown Suites expanded from 26 to 76 properties in a $150 million investment, an alternative to going public. In 2001, Intown Suites had a room occupancy rate of 87%, compared with a 73% average for the entire industry. In 2002, Intown Suites expanded by purchasing Suburban Lodges of America for $99 million, four years later they acquired SuiteOne hotels. In 2007, InTown Suites purchased another 12 Suburban Lodge locations in Georgia, Florida and Alabama, plus two additional Suburban Lodge locations in Houston, Texas a year later. In 2014, the company purchased four Savannah Suites location in Hampton Roads, Virginia. In May 2015, the company added another 50 locations.
- Remco Software, Inc. Case Study (n.d.). "InTown Suites Manages Data from 100+ Properties with the Corporate Reporting Module" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-15.
- Wilbert, Caroline (August 20, 2002). "Extended-Stay Hotels' Business Remains Sweet in a Sour Economy". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- "404. Page Not Found - Bloomberg" – via www.bloomberg.com.
- "InTown Suites Completes Suburban Lodge Acquisition; InTown Suites Becomes Largest Owner/Operator of Economy Extended-Stay Hotels". Business Wire. May 1, 2002.
- Poole, Shelia M. (January 30, 2002). "Atlanta-Based Hotel Companies to Merge". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- "Corporate Housing and Extended Stay Hotels - Biz-stay.com". www.biz-stay.com.