InTru3D is a brand that identifies content that may be viewed in stereoscopic 3D. Motion pictures or other visual media bearing the brand are developed through animation technology developed by Intel Corporation in partnership with DreamWorks Animation in 2008. InTru3D enables animators to author films directly in 3D for what is described as "a more realistic 3D experience." Animated films authored with InTru3D are shown in theaters using 3D stereoscopic projection technology such as that provided by Real D Cinema and IMAX 3D which both require polarized glasses to view the 3D films.
The InTru3D brand was announced at the Intel Developer Forum on August 20, 2008 during Renee James’ keynote. The first feature film produced by DreamWorks utilizing InTru3D was Monsters vs. Aliens, released March 27, 2009. The last feature film produced by DreamWorks utilizing InTru3D was Rise of the Guardians, released November 21, 2012. DreamWorks Animation has also announced plans to release all of their future films in stereoscopic 3D utilizing InTru3D.
Intel has also announced that it plans to work on developing and promoting the use of InTru3D to create a broad range of next-generation 3D viewing experiences and technology on a range of other platforms, including home theater, personal computers, video games, online environments and mobile devices.
- Monsters vs. Aliens (2009)
- How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
- Shrek Forever After (2010)
- Megamind (2010)
- Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)
- Puss in Boots (2011)
- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (2012)
- Rise of the Guardians (2012)
- US Patent no. 6,687,003
- DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (2008-07-08). "INTEL, DreamWorks Animation Form Strategic Alliance to Revolutionize 3-D Filmmaking Technology". DreamWorks Animation. Retrieved 2010-11-06.
- "InTru3D Super Bowl Commercial". CNET.com. Retrieved 2009-02-02.
- "Intel, Dreamworks Animation Form Strategic Alliance to Revolutionize 3-D Filmmaking Technology", Intel press release
- "Developing for the Future of Computing", INTC press release
- InTru3d category on Intel blog
- Brief information on InTru3D on Intel Blog
|This animation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|