In Celebration of Life
|In Celebration of Life|
|Studio album by Yanni|
|Released||November 12, 1991|
In Celebration of Life is the seventh studio album by Yanni, released on the Private Music label in 1991. The album peaked at #3 on Billboard's "Top New Age Albums" chart and at #60 on the "Billboard 200" in the same year.
The corresponding concert tour in the same year was the Revolution in Sound tour.
In a review by Johnny Loftus of AllMusic, "In Celebration of Life draws from four early Yanni albums – Keys to Imagination, Out of Silence, Chameleon Days and Niki Nana – and also includes the new "Song for Antarctica", recorded for the Polar Shift benefit album. The collection is a solid overview of the new age composer's initial work, displaying all of the tenets that have made his music so popular over the years. Opener "Santorini" features a powerful, sweeping melody, while "Marching Season" is driven by the relationship between an urgent piano line and a surging, synthesized string section. "Keys to Imagination" begins in a contemplative mood, but by song's end features the galloping keyboards and crashing percussion typical of Yanni's work. Fans will have most, if not all of the material here, but newcomers might enjoy In Celebration of Life as an overview of Yanni's early work. Fans may also want to search out the Polar Shift compilation, which features "Song for Antarctica", as well as music from heavyweights like Kitarō, Vangelis, and Enya."
|2.||"Song for Antarctica"||4:23|
|5.||"Keys to Imagination"||5:13|
|9.||"Standing in Motion"||5:20|
- All music produced by Peter Baumann & Yanni
- All music composed by Yanni
- Mastered by Bernie Grundman at Bernie Grundman Mastering. Los Angeles, CA
- All music published by 23rd Street Publishing, Inc (ASCAP)
- Management: Jeff D. Klein
- Cover Photography by Kevin Mazur
- Inside Photography by Lynn Goldsmith
(Personnel as described in CD liner notes.)
- (G=Gold, P=Platinum, M=Multi-Platinum)
- YANNI IN CELEBRATION OF LIFE 05/23/94 PRIVATE MUSIC G ALBUM SOLO Std
The Revolution in Sound concert tour
Selections from Reflections of Passion and In Celebration of Life
Yanni played a selection songs from his sixth Private Music albums for a two-hour completely live and showcases performance of Yanni's music, such as misty-roses pieces like "Secret Vows", "In the Mirror", "Nostalgia" and the title track of his latest release, "Reflections of Passion". Yanni and two additional keyboardist (Bradley Joseph & Amy Shiotani) are backed by a rhythm section headed by Charlie Adams on drums, with Michael Bruno on percussion and Osama Afifi on bass, and a string section featuring Charlie Bisharat and Karen Briggs on violin, and Sachi McHenry on cello.
- Charlie Adams – drums
- Osama Afifi – bass guitar
- Charlie Bisharat - violin
- Karen Briggs - violin
- Michael Bruno – percussion
- Amy Shiotani – keyboards
- Bradley Joseph – keyboards
- Sachi McHenry – cello
- "Chart history for In Celebration of Life". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- Johnny Loftus. "Review of In Celebration of Life". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- In Celebration of Life (CD liner). Yanni. Private Music. 1991. 01005-820 93-2.
- "Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) Gold and Platinum searchable database". Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- Revolution in Sound - Official concert program. Yanni. 1991.