|Song by Peter Ivers|
|from the album Eraserhead: Original Soundtrack|
"In Heaven (Lady in the Radiator Song)" (often referred to as simply "In Heaven") is a song performed by Peter Ivers, composed by Peter Ivers, with lyrics by David Lynch. The song is featured in Lynch's 1977 film Eraserhead, and was subsequently released on its 1982 soundtrack album.
- Devo (sung by Booji Boy) covered the song live in 1979 as the penultimate song in their set.
- Bauhaus covered the song on their regular set for their final UK tour in the summer of 1983 and was featured on the Rest in Peace: The Final Concert album. The band's former bassist, David J, later performed "In Heaven" live as a duet with Pixies singer Black Francis at a solo show at the Los Angeles Echoplex in December 2009.
- It was covered by the Pixies in 1987 for their initial demo tape and was later released in 2002 on the Pixies EP. The band re-recorded the track for a session for John Peel's BBC radio show in May 1988, which was later released on the Pixies at the BBC album. The song was a regular part of the Pixies' setlist, and a live version by the band appeared as a B-side of the "Gigantic" single, and was also included on The Complete B-Sides album.
- A cover by Tuxedomoon with Winston Tong was released in 1987 on Pinheads on the Move, and a live version was also released on the Ten Years in One Night live album.
- A cover of the song appeared on the 1993 Miranda Sex Garden album Suspiria.
- Icelandic band Bang Gang included a version of the song on their 1998 debut album You
- American composer and producer Keith Kenniff covered the song on his 2007 album Ayres, under his Helios moniker.
- Zola Jesus covered the song, retitled "Lady in the Radiator", as part of the David Lynch Foundation's "The Music of David Lynch" concert on April 1, 2015
- Devo Live Guide 1979
- Cohen, Jason (August 2002). "Life to the Pixies". Spin: 36. Retrieved 2011-09-10.
- BBC Keeping It Peel - Pixies Peel session recorded 03/05/1988
- "4AD - Pixies - Releases". 4AD. Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2011-09-10.
- Strong, Martin C. (1999). The Great Alternative & Indie Discography. Canongate. ISBN 0-86241-913-1.
- Zola Jesus In Heaven cover at YouTube