In My Bed (Amy Winehouse song)
|"In My Bed"|
|Single by Amy Winehouse|
|from the album Frank|
|Released||5 April 2004|
|Amy Winehouse singles chronology|
"In My Bed" is a song by English singer and songwriter Amy Winehouse from her debut studio album Frank (2003). It was released on 5 April 2004 as the album's third single (double A-sided with "You Sent Me Flying"), reaching number 60 on the UK Singles Chart.
"In My Bed" samples the beat of rapper Nas' 2002 song "Made You Look", which in turn contains a sample of the Incredible Bongo Band's 1973 cover of "Apache". Both "In My Bed" and "Made You Look" were produced by Salaam Remi.
A rare live session of Winehouse performing "In My Bed" in 2003 was included in the documentary film Amy (2015), which depicts the singer's life and death.
The music video for "In My Bed", directed by Paul Gore, begins with Winehouse in a hotel saying goodnight to a young man, presumably her boyfriend, leaving him to his room. Upon their parting, Winehouse begins the song as she walks through the hotel. She is then seen in the hotel ballroom for a short segment performing the chorus of the song onstage with a backing band. Winehouse goes upstairs to her own room while carrying a guitar case. Upon entering her room, she takes a seat on her bed and waits as an unidentified man enters the room and they embrace. The video ends with Winehouse covering the camera with her hand as she prepares to commit infidelity.
- UK CD single
- "In My Bed" (Radio Edit) – 4:05
- "You Sent Me Flying" – 3:52
- "Best Friend" (Acoustic) – 3:28
- UK 12" single
- A1. "In My Bed" (Bugz in the Attic Vocal Mix)
- A2. "You Sent Me Flying"
- B1. "In My Bed" (Bass Gangsta)
- B2. "In My Bed" (Radio Edit)
Credits and personnel
- Amy Winehouse – vocals, guitar, songwriting
- 21st Century Jazz – accompaniment
- John Adams – organ, Rhodes
- Tom Coyne – mastering
- Jeni Fujita – backing vocals
- Vincent Henry – alto saxophone, baritone saxophone, flute, tenor saxophone
- Gary "Mon" Noble – engineering, mixing
- Steve "Esp" Nowa – assistant engineering
- Bruce Purse – bass trumpet, flugelhorn, trumpet
- Salaam Remi – arrangement, drums, electric bass, production, songwriting
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||60|
|UK R&B (Official Charts Company)||16|
- Montgomery, James (26 July 2011). "Amy Winehouse Reveals Dream Rap Collabos In Rare MTV Interview". MTV News. Viacom. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- Frank (CD liner notes). Amy Winehouse. Island Records. 2003. 9812918.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Amy Winehouse: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- "Official R&B Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 12 February 2020.