In Real Life (band)
In Real Life
|Also known as||IRL|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Associated acts||4th Ave|
In Real Life (also known as IRL) is an American boy band composed of Brady Tutton, Chance Perez, Drew Ramos, Sergio Calderon, and Michael Conor, the final five vocalists from the American reality television music competition series Boy Band. The show premiered June 22, 2017, on ABC.
The 10-episode season began with 30 young male vocalists competing to become a member of the new five-piece boy band. Each week, the boys would rotate into different groups and perform, at the end, the "architects" would put either two or three boys up for elimination and through live voting, a boy would be saved by America. At the end of the season, the final five remaining boys would form the boy band and receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records After a 24-hour voting period the week before, it was announced at the final live show on August 24, 2017 that Tutton, Perez, Ramos, Calderon, and Conor were the winning members and formed In Real Life. There, they premiered their debut single, "Eyes Closed". In Real Life performed live on Total Request Live in November 2017, Good Morning America in December 2017, on Live with Kelly and Ryan and released "Eyes Closed acoustic", "Feel This Christmas", and "I'll Be Home Christmas" in 2017. and being on Jimmy Kimmel Live in February 2018, and performed "How Badly" on Despierta América in April 2018. In 2018, the band released several singles, starting with "Tattoo (How 'Bout You)", which peaked at number 29 on Billboard's Mainstream Top 40 chart for radio play.
In May 2018, it was announced that In Real Life would open in a supporting slot in July and August on the 2018 American Idol summer tour. In September 2018 they started the Tonight Belongs To You headline tour across the U.S.
They cite One Direction as their main influence and are compared to them for both starting off on reality television. They also cite The BackStreet Boys, Boyz II Men and Jackson 5 individually.
Charlie Puth, Bruno Mars, Frank Ocean, Logic, Machine Gun Kelly, Future, Shawn Mendes, Ed Sheeran, Justin Timberlake, Sam Smith, Jon Bellion, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Rita Ora, Eminem and Nas have influenced individual members of the group.
Brady Patrick Tutton was born on Shorewood, Wisconsin. For his Boy Band, audition, Tutton sang "On Bended Knee" by Boyz II Men. He went through the ten-week competition without being placed in the bottom two and/or three. He is a trained opera singer, as well as an actor. He played "Brock" on the ABC sitcom Fresh Off the Boat in 2015. Tutton is also the lead actor in the 2018 movie, The Rocket.December 7, 2001 and is from
Chance Nickolas Perez was born on Seal Beach, California. In 2016, Perez auditioned for America's Got Talent along with his bandmates Jordan Perez and Tyler Reardon as "The WVKE". The group was buzzed by Howie Mandel and Heidi Klum and criticized by Simon Cowell, leading to their elimination during the audition phase, however, Chance's vocals were individually praised by Cowell. In 2017, Perez auditioned for Boy Band singing "Somebody to Love" by Queen, immediately becoming a frontrunner in the competition. Like Tutton, he was never put up for elimination.November 10, 1997 and originates from
Drew Ramos was born Bronx, New York. In 2017, Ramos auditioned for the first season of ABC's Boy Band, with Sam Smith's "Stay With Me." Along with Tutton and Perez, Ramos went through the competition without being placed in a bottom two or three. His breakout performance during the competition was MAXED's performance of Lauryn Hill's rendition of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You".October 23, 1997 and originates from The
Sergio Calderon Jr. was born on Redwood City, California. Calderon auditioned for Boy Band, with a Spanglish rendition of Prince Royce's "Stand by Me". On August 10, 2017, Calderon was placed in the bottom two along with former contestant Devin Hayes, but he was saved by America.October 6, 2000 . He is from
Conor Michael Smith (known professionally as Michael Conor) was born on June 7, 1999 . He is from Shaker Heights, Ohio. He auditioned for Boy Band as a rapping-violinist with "A Little More" by Machine Gun Kelly. Like Tutton, Perez, and Ramos, he was never in danger of elimination.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Feel This Christmas/I'll Be Home For Christmas"||—||N/A|
|"Tattoo (How Bout' You)"||2018||29||N/A|
|"Tonight Belongs to You"||—||N/A|
|"Got Me Good"||
- 2017: "Eyes Closed"
- 2017: "I'll Be Home For Christmas"
- 2018: "Tattoo (How 'Bout You)"
- 2018: "Tonight Belongs to You"
- "Boy Band" (2017)
- Tonight Belongs to You Tour (2018)
- American Idol Live Tour (2018)
- Swift, Andy (May 16, 2017). "ABC Competition Boy Band Recruits Rita Ora, Nick Carter and Baby Spice". TVLine.
- Holloway, Daniel; Wagmeister, Elizabeth (May 31, 2017). "Timbaland Joins ABC's 'Boy Band' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.
- TRL Season 1, Episode 138, MTV, November 30, 2017.
- "In Real Life go from the subway to the studio for debut 'Good Morning America' performance," ABC News Radio, December 27, 2017
- Brian Cantor, "Cheat Codes & Fetty Wap, AWOLNATION, In Real Life, Elise Trouw Performing On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live', Headline Planet", February 2, 2018.
- "Mainstream Top 40, June 9, 2018". Billboard.com. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- Whelan, Addie. "In Real Life Announces Headline Tour". beyondthestagemagazine.com. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Justin Timberlake Manager Johnny Wright Signs TV’s ‘Boy Band’ Winners" Variety, September 23, 2018
- Matt Collar, "In Real Life Biography" Allmusic, August 19, 2017.
- "In Real Life talks Eyes Closed, Boy Band and One Direction" YouTube, August 30, 2017
- "Meet The Band, In Real Life" YouTube, October 12, 2017
- "INTERVIEW: In Real Life on Becoming America's New Boy Band & More" iHeartRADIO, October 6, 2017
- Bretton Keenan, "'Boy Band' on ABC: 5 things to know about contestant Michael Conor of Cleveland," News 5 Cleveland, June 21, 2017.
- https://www.billboard.com/charts/pop-songs/2018-06-09. Missing or empty