In Your Arms (Love song from Neighbours)
|"In Your Arms (Love song from Neighbours)"|
|Single by Lynne Hamilton|
|B-side||"In Your Arms (Love song from Neighbours) with Peter Rice"|
|Label||Sony Music Australia|
|Lynne Hamilton singles chronology|
"In Your Arms (The Love Song from Neighbours)" is a song by Australian singer Lynne Hamilton. The song was used in the Australian soap opera Neighbours and it was written by the show's executive producer Don Battye and his colleague Peter Pinne. The song was released via Mushroom Records in Australia on 7" vinyl.
Background and release
The song was used as a romantic theme on the Australian soap opera Neighbours and used in several episodes in 1989 particularly the wedding of Joe Mangel (Mark Little) and Kerry Bishop (Linda Hartley) and during the departure of Henry Ramsay (Craig McLachlan).
The track was written by the show's executive producer Don Battye and his colleague Peter Pinne for Grundy Music. It was produced by Mike Harvey and recorded at Studio 301, in Sydney, Australia. It was released via Mushroom Records in Australia. It was released on 7" vinyl in the United Kingdom via Sony BMG and RCA. It also featured a b-side duet version featuring Hamilton and Peter Rice
John Mangan from The Age gave a negative review of the song because of it's genre. He stated that "I can't help thinking Hamilton and the team down at Grundy Music have erred by indulging in the usual slavishly American excesses of cabaret music in this country."
- UK 7" single
- "In Your Arms (The Love Song from 'Neighbours')" – 3:30
- "In Your Arms (The Love Song from 'Neighbours')" [feat. Peter Rice] – 3:30
- "Soapie producers tune in to the pop business". The Sunday Mail. Nationwide News. 10 December 1989.
- "In Your Arms (The Love Song from Neighbours)" (Liner Notes [7" vinyl]). Lynne Hamilton. Sony BMG. 1989. 5012394929572.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Mangan, John (15 December 1989). "Singles". The Age. Retrieved 26 March 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
|This 1980s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|